Welcome to the International Legends of Honor forum, brave Warriors!

Mega Alliances and the future of Legends of Honor

Would like peoples thoughts on the mega-alliances.

I think Dark Marshes gives the best examples of this where there is almost literally a no mans land between two of the mega hives.

I was looking around Dark Marshes for someone to attack and at my current level I can either attack the rogues mega alliance Aegis or one of the alliances that is allied to one of the alliances I am on good terms with.

I am curious is this the future of the game join a mega alliance or either hide in your shell like a turtle or burn constantly because you are outnumbered and dared to attack someone or heaven forbid you accepted someone into your alliance that another player has an almost fanatical hatred of?

Comments

• Foxmore (US1)Foxmore (US1) Member Posts: 66
    and on top of that, the map is so small that you can't find a spot anywhere out of the farming runs of those desperately seeking resources.....
    with all due respect and honor, Foxmore
  • Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 421
    edited 11.04.2016
    I have found the size of the map and your location does not mater if someone wants to attack you bad enough they will move their castle to within range of your or even right beside your castle and then teleport away once they are done or if they really hate you they will move their entire alliance next to you and attack you repeatedly.
    Another example of the dangers of Mega Alliances:

Have been attacked by Evil Santa and his Madness alliance twice now today as well as attacks from Steel Dragons and Dragons rebels.

There is nowhere in Dark Marshes far enough away to be out of his reach and with multiple attacks every single day it is starting to look like the only two options we have is join a mega alliance or quit the game.

This should not be the only options to play this game JOIN OR BURN!!!!!!!!!
  • Hagrid (AU1)Hagrid (AU1) Member Posts: 4
    Together we stand divided we fall
  • I'm afraid this is true. To survive you really should join an Alliance. It doesn't have to be the biggest, but regardless of the size of your army, you are infinitely more likely to be attacked if you go solo. A guild of one is kind of pointless.

On the other hand, sometimes Alliances get into spats with each other - which is the point, really - and have serious back-and-forths that can last for several days.
    I have an alliance in fact one I lead what I am referring to is alliances consisting  of multiple alliances all working together and coordinating attacks and punitive attacks when you dared to attack members of one of the allied alliances because they attacked you first,
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    Several days, more like several months on this server. Basically as anyone on the US server knows you join one mega alliance or the other. It isn't impossible to be independent but...very hard, this war's been going on since right when I first started and, why take a back seat to the big boy fights when you can take part in them? Much better than hunting scraps elsewhere, not that many of those scraps exist for someone my lvl. It's kind of how this server works unfortunately, one side hits you, you join them or join the other side. I don't believe either side is really evil or not, despite what people might try to make you think, both sides want to kill independents, just some are scared of repercussions. Any high levels are always juicy targets for other high levels, so it's to be expected really. When no one can beat the strongest alliance on a server themselves, its only natural they find help, and the other side does the same, they form allies and thus, the cycle of war continues, alliances fall and new ones arise to take their places, just a big cycle.
  • stowe (GB1)stowe (GB1) Member Posts: 6
    Dare I say it the alliances really do spoil the fun.
    Outside them and they really do clatter through with monotony stealing resources (why pay all that money and then have an empire that cannot stand up on its own????)  do they really need to hit your castle with a 150000000 army when the garrison only has 250militia...Huh! What a lot of honour there  Hah !  Would it mean less damage if I delete the walls etc ? or can we have a concrete pad where we can dump all the resources that we are not currently using?  Then they could come along and slop up all the food and wood etc  and perhaps even clear up the mess.

More seriously perhaps we could have a court where we can claim compensation (in gems) from any twonk creating excessive damage.

In an alliance  all the fun goes to others as they exhalt you to send resources and troops so that they can have fun.  You end up constantly trying to produce resources for others or else they get stroppy. (could we have a new resource so that we can produce haribo for these characters?).

Alliances actually take the fun out of it.  They get in the way of actually finding out something about how running a kingdom works.  We do not get to see the little troops annihilating each other, so the warfare thing is not really very interesting. Politics appears to be non existent.
    Ok had enough now ttfn
  • mitchcanary (GB1)mitchcanary (GB1) Member Posts: 53
    i agree with stowe the biggest problem is the alliances and their ego. i have never joined one nor do i want to. i have explained to any alliance leader that will listen to reason that i do not attack other players only the marauders and i have no problem with being attacked for honor. i just object to alliances continually attacking until i burn. i maintain enough of a garrison in each castle to withstand all but the biggest single player attacks. we both then get honor. however 10 or 12 players of an alliance taking it in turns to attack with 6 or 9 heroes is over the top and can only have one aim, to burn. its the junior school playground all over again, my gangs bigger than yours na na. anyway if it continues there will be only one result, i and others will leave.
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    I don't believe you guys know what this thread is about. The "Mega Alliances" aren't an alliance, but a series of alliances that are allied. It's a bunch of allied alliances against another bunch of allied alliances. Joining an alliance in general is...obviously recommended. Being on your own is just free food for others, as this is a team oriented game and it's your choice whether to join an alliance or essentially be food for others.
    SO on the US1 server the only choice is join Aegis or Join Rogues as I and my alliance are being attacked by both mega alliances,

I really hope this is not what the game designers intended because if it is I do not think the will encourage players to stay as old players get fed up and new players get frustrated.
  • I know the object of the game is to grow and it is a war game but the name of the game is "Legends of Honor" what I want to know is where is there any real honor in the mega ally groups banding together and continually attacking much smaller and weaker alliances and then telling them to join or quit? So many players are quitting it is hard to recruit new members when continuous attacks don't allow us to advance in the game and more time is spent rebuilding than building your infrastructure. Also I think that if you have allies there should be a way for them to support you other than just hoping to catch the attackers before or after they attack. Also there sould be a communication option in contacting allies for support.  :s
  • Jillian (NL1)Jillian (NL1) Member Posts: 224
    I know the object of the game is to grow and it is a war game but the name of the game is "Legends of Honor" what I want to know is where is there any real honor in the mega ally groups banding together and continually attacking much smaller and weaker alliances and then telling them to join or quit? So many players are quitting it is hard to recruit new members when continuous attacks don't allow us to advance in the game and more time is spent rebuilding than building your infrastructure. Also I think that if you have allies there should be a way for them to support you other than just hoping to catch the attackers before or after they attack. Also there sould be a communication option in contacting allies for support.  :s
    Your allies are in your Alliance.

having several allied alliances is one of the issues in the game in the first place :D (in most games anyways)
  • T Gautham (INT1)T Gautham (INT1) Member Posts: 53
    It is actually the problem in game design which lets some alliance to grow to become mega alliances...
    there should be peace treaties signed between alliances..there should be such a feature 
    they should offer small rewards for signing treaties.The situation now is that the bigger alliances grow bigger and the smaller ones becomes smaller..there should also be an alliance army not only an alliance storage
    this alliance army should be attacking the armies of the other alliances'army.members should be able to donate units to the alliance army like they do in storage..and the army should only be able to attack some other alliance if only a quorum of members online who donated units should agree to use them against the same alliance(kind of like United Nation's army).there should also be provisions so that members can donate each other with units and resources which will encourage joining in an alliance..
    there should at least be provisions to enter your hero to other weak ally castle so that when they get attacked,the attacker have to deal with your hero too..now members can only help each other when they are online..if you can leave your hero inside your ally's castle and go,the ally will be safer..
    The alliance army will discourage attacking as everyone feels more responsibility to what they have donated
    those who have donated more will be discouraged as they think that they would suffer more loses and get less gain..members should also be able to reclaim what they have donated..Alliance storage now faces difficulties..often times,it runs on the few generous members and most of the others don't donate much.So,there should be a tax system which should take away 5-10 percent of what the members have produced every day.
    The cost of alliance research is the main problem.Right now,it is same for every alliance.Bigger Alliances can use them to grow even more and they will get even more donations which will create mega alliances..but smaller alliances can't do that because they will have less resources but will have to pay the same as the others do.so,the smaller ones get weaker overtime/or they don't grow as fast as others do.also members have a tendency to join the most powerful and the biggest alliances to gain more victories which will help big alliances to grow faster.the cost of alliance research should be directly proportional to the sum of the total rank of all members which might solve the problem.There should also be a cost for(fine) for alliance leaders to expel members from their alliances paid from their castle storage which would reduce their tendency to kick out members of low level to reduce research costs.A part of this should also be paid to the expelled member as a compensation.
    There should be provisions to sign peace treaties with individual players regardless of their alliance
    and also provisions for unified defense system between those who are not part of any alliances..(kind of like an actual alliance but no storage and only between 2 players)
    this way,other players can help you even if you are not part of any alliances..

• Habakuk (NL1)Habakuk (NL1) Member Posts: 73
    There should be heaven on earth.
    There should be heaven on earth.
    There is no heaven in the world lol

i agree with stowe the biggest problem is the alliances and their ego. i have never joined one nor do i want to. i have explained to any alliance leader that will listen to reason that i do not attack other players only the marauders and i have no problem with being attacked for honor. i just object to alliances continually attacking until i burn. i maintain enough of a garrison in each castle to withstand all but the biggest single player attacks. we both then get honor. however 10 or 12 players of an alliance taking it in turns to attack with 6 or 9 heroes is over the top and can only have one aim, to burn. its the junior school playground all over again, my gangs bigger than yours na na. anyway if it continues there will be only one result, i and others will leave.
    If you were only attacking marauders,whats the fun in the game ??
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 335

Apparently, everyone has their own ideas about what is fun in the game.

I don't really see what's fun about burning the same castles over and over again, especially if they never did anything to you.

Sign In to comment.