Follow Legends of Honor on Twitter @legendsofhonor and me @CM_Popeye

You can win by losing... wait what?

Hey its me again :smile: so today i will talk more about tactics instead of the usual "explaining the game mechanic". In particular the players tournament and how you can use the game itself to to basically make your opponent go home with little to no gain except a bag full of loot.

First of all let us remember how the game works. The tournament rules are simple,  gain honor by attacking players will give you medals. The higher the honor the more medals. Now the honor mechanic itself, i already covered that on another post but basically the worthier your opponent the better. Now with that in mind let us consider this situation:

You are a lv25 attacked by a lv 28 at your castle during a player tournament, your armies are strong but his are stronger. Also assume that you are online. At this point you have 2 options, which am going to go though in details with pros and cons.

1) Stay in your castle and defend.
The option that most player chose. Going for this option mean you are losing in every department. There are no real pros to this except maybe the 1hr of peace shield.

2) Abandon your castle.
This sound counter intuitive but its probably the better option. Remember your opponent must be a worthy one to gain honor. If there are nobody to fight (and thus no honor to gain) well your opponent initial attack is like trying to hit water with a sword. He will gain little to no honor (and consequently no medals) out of it plus your keep all your troops, plus you have the peace shield for 1hr. But this is only the tip of the iceberg.

You can attack the armies once the attack in over, which mean you will get the medals that he should have had in the first place. Or you can rush his castle with all your armies while his are stuck (i like to call this pin like in chess) at your castle and assault the crap out of it. Or even better find a target somewhere else while the dude try to figure out why he score so little in the tournament.
 The only downside to this tactic is obviously the repairing and the looting losses. The latter can be kept in check by building vaults.

Hope this will prove helpful for everybody. Keep in mind this is only worth doing if your opponent is after the medals in the tournament. If he is farming you, its probably not really worth doing unless you have some kind of plan.

Comments

• CFofCO (US1)CFofCO (US1) Member Posts: 5

Again, assuming you are online, you can also minimize the looting losses by sending resources to another kingdom and spending all the coins you can quickly in other kingdoms.  In some cases, you can make the attack almost pointless to the attacking player. 

• Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 406
    Only up to a point eventually the resource losses from looting, unhappiness of populace and the cost of rebuilding hits a tipping point. 

Then take into account a day or more of repairing your kingdom, eventually the constant battle to rebuild consumes all of your time and you can no longer do anything else in this game.

Once you hit that point what reason is there to continue playing?
  • Getos (US1)Getos (US1) Member Posts: 95
    @Saimaidar (US1) the reason is that tournament give alot of troops. If you got enough happiness the damage won't make much difference anyway u can go on building and repair the building u need to upgrade only. and the marauders can give much resources :) and after the first shield you can just relocate 
  • SmokeyAnon (US1)SmokeyAnon (US1) Member Posts: 347
    I got to love this community with the post they make helps new players and even old players. For old players its a reminder.
    Hello, My name is Smokey. Private Message me if you need anything within the game. PS: I don't work for the company.
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 322
    @Saimaidar (US1) the reason is that tournament give alot of troops. If you got enough happiness the damage won't make much difference anyway u can go on building and repair the building u need to upgrade only. and the marauders can give much resources :) and after the first shield you can just relocate 

This is true to a point. Once your buildings reach a certain level, it can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours to repair a building without using gems. This is very time-consuming for people who have jobs.

Also, relocating in a place as small as Ice or Marshes is pretty pointless.

• SmokeyAnon (US1)SmokeyAnon (US1) Member Posts: 347

This is true to a point. Once your buildings reach a certain level, it can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours to repair a building without using gems. This is very time-consuming for people who have jobs.

Also, relocating in a place as small as Ice or Marshes is pretty pointless.

Every game you ever play when they hit you got to repair most of time. Gems people seem like its impossible fight marauder you will start accumulating some.
    Hello, My name is Smokey. Private Message me if you need anything within the game. PS: I don't work for the company.
  • verity (US1)verity (US1) Member Posts: 20
    how do catch someone exiting their castle and it seems they r going much faster than u? I landed on 1 guy 5 times trying to catch him and it seemed like he put on rocket booster. how can u make a hero go that fast?
  • Teighernach (US1)Teighernach (US1) Member Posts: 32
    The issue I have is I get pummeled when I'm asleep. Should I move my heroes and troops outside before bedtime?
  • UNFORGIVINGONE (US1)UNFORGIVINGONE (US1) Member Posts: 55
    I always leave my troops outside when I go off line to reduce my target appeal . it doesn't always work but it helps me sleep better at night .
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 322

@Teighernach (US1) If you do not  have enough troops IN your castle to repel a likely attack, there is no point leaving them in there to award the attackers better honor when they burn you. When I was smaller, I walked my guys 2 minutes away every night.

@Verity(US1) ;When you get to a certain level of honor, you do get an increase in hero speed, something like level 18 or so.

• Frazzle (US1)Frazzle (US1) Member Posts: 1
    I always leave my troops outside when I go off line to reduce my target appeal . it doesn't always work but it helps me sleep better at night .
    Didn't even know it was you! I just read it and laughed out loud. Then when i seen it was you I laughed again and had to like it. Sincerely, Frazzle :>
  • UNFORGIVINGONE (US1)UNFORGIVINGONE (US1) Member Posts: 55
    edited 07.07.2016
    Didn't even know it was you! I just read it and laughed out loud. Then when i seen it was you I laughed again and had to like it. Sincerely, Frazzle :>

I know, the irony is getting pretty deep around here isn't it ? now I must return to shaking my fist in rage at my enemies castles ( good lord knows I cant do much else ) .
Sign In to comment.