Tournaments, Alliances & Retaliaion

Just an observation but it seems to me that if you are not in a powerful Alliance the player vs player tournaments all but amount to suicide once you reach higher levels as you get retaliation from multiple members of an alliance as well as other members of the alliance you are in getting attacked.

I am curious what players thoughts are on successful strategies. I am guess coordinating you entire guild over a twenty four hour period would be a place to start.

Comments

• selena052297 (US1)selena052297 (US1) Member Posts: 13
    I see what you are describing as a social mechanic that is largely beyond the developer's ability (or desire) to control. The players are all people - we are social creatures who will generally migrate toward greater safety and prosperity (or the opportunity to obtain it). I see this trend in EVERY MMO.

It is hard to code out Darwinism.

Also, I do not see membership in an active, successful alliance as a burden to be tolerated in order to achieve game success. They are genuinely cool people who are fun to talk to and play with. Getting our armies slaughtered and our towns burned TOGETHER (not uncommon) is more fun than scavaging in the wild successfully by myself. 
  • Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 421
    Perhaps I need to rephrase my original post I am not wanting the game designers to make changes to the game. I am more interested in players thought on better strategies during the player vs player tournaments.

One thing I thought would be helpful was better planning on the part of the members of a guild to coordinate activities over the course of the tournament so as to not invite retaliation from multiple guilds at once.
  • SmokeyAnon (US1)SmokeyAnon (US1) Member Posts: 347
    I know in game we aren't on the best terms. While being in a very strong alliance does play a part of it. There always other players to hit. There are some allaince you should probally stay away from because there are simply flat out rekless. Player vs Player tourny is just simply all bull crap at this point. You can't even player vs player as some allaince protect each other like us. Here is a tip for you simply attack players that dont have a allaince or attack players whos allaince isnt well developed. Sorry for the attacks. Good Luck Out There.
    Hello, My name is Smokey. Private Message me if you need anything within the game. PS: I don't work for the company.
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 335
    Perhaps I need to rephrase my original post I am not wanting the game designers to make changes to the game. I am more interested in players thought on better strategies during the player vs player tournaments.

One thing I thought would be helpful was better planning on the part of the members of a guild to coordinate activities over the course of the tournament so as to not invite retaliation from multiple guilds at once.C
    onsider having your alliance leadership coordinate with other alliances of about your same level, to exchange honor hits (no burning).

One thing I thought would be helpful was better planning on the part of the members of a guild to coordinate activities over the course of the tournament so as to not invite retaliation from multiple guilds at once.C
    onsider having your alliance leadership coordinate with other alliances of about your same level, to exchange honor hits (no burning).
    That is cheating in my opinion but you do you.
    Hello, My name is Smokey. Private Message me if you need anything within the game. PS: I don't work for the company.
  • Baal (US1)Baal (US1) Member Posts: 26
    Find other people that are like all who are on regularly.on    More then we really should be.  These games are like a addiction.  An might as well fulfill that addiction.  The truth is its almost like networking to find team members for what ever alliance your in.   If not in one join one,  one that has a healthy active participation. Or as said network an create one       
    Find other people that are like all who are on regularly.on    More then we really should be.  These games are like a addiction.  An might as well fulfill that addiction.  The truth is its almost like networking to find team members for what ever alliance your in.   If not in one join one,  one that has a healthy active participation. Or as said network an create one       
    Yeaa that pretty sums up the game. I mean who likes playing solo you are pretty much a target all the time.
  • Black Orca (US1)Black Orca (US1) Member Posts: 1
    How do you score points during the player vs player tournament days?  Do you find and attack roving Heroes? I have attacked other players in their castles.  I have tried both the entire destruction and the raiding options . . . neither has made any difference to my tournament score of "zero" . . . just wondering !?!
  • Drakius (US1)Drakius (US1) Member Posts: 70
    The castle will need troops if you want honor ^
    Just to fill up the void below the post.
    How do you score points during the player vs player tournament days?  Do you find and attack roving Heroes? I have attacked other players in their castles.  I have tried both the entire destruction and the raiding options . . . neither has made any difference to my tournament score of "zero" . . . just wondering !?!
    it cant be someone with 2,000 defense bro LOL
  • Hellbent60 (US1)Hellbent60 (US1) Member Posts: 6
    I think no alliances, every man for himself would be a better way to go. You wouldn't have to worry about being attack by up to six heros at a time.
    I think no alliances, every man for himself would be a better way to go. You wouldn't have to worry about being attack by up to six heros at a time.
    Well the thing is they will form friends and there you go.
Sign In to comment.