Follow Legends of Honor on Twitter @legendsofhonor and me @CM_Popeye

Hiding in the bushes/trees

Anyone else do this or am I just a lone in this tactic?

Comments

• Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 406
    I can assure you a lot of players do this it is both a way to hide troops away from your castle during an overwhelming attack and as a way for multiple players to meet up to launch a devastating attack.
  • SmokeyAnon (US1)SmokeyAnon (US1) Member Posts: 347
    I can assure you a lot of players do this it is both a way to hide troops away from your castle during an overwhelming attack and as a way for multiple players to meet up to launch a devastating attack.
    They need to take that off where you can just run away..
    Hello, My name is Smokey. Private Message me if you need anything within the game. PS: I don't work for the company.
    Okay so if another Alliance sends ten  heroes and more than four million troops I should just stand there and let my troops as well as my castle be wiped out. 

I have fought hard trying to protect my castle and my alliances' castle but when it is wave after wave of ten or more heroes attacking at once or surrounding your castle there is not much you can do.

My alliance leader is MIA, my alliance is down to less than ten active members and we are getting pummeled by Steel Dragons and the Rogue alliances.
    Okay so if another Alliance sends ten  heroes and more than four million troops I should just stand there and let my troops as well as my castle be wiped out. 

I have fought hard trying to protect my castle and my alliances' castle but when it is wave after wave of ten or more heroes attacking at once or surrounding your castle there is not much you can do.

My alliance leader is MIA, my alliance is down to less than ten active members and we are getting pummeled by Steel Dragons and the Rogue alliances.
    Well im in rouge my self. Well running away from combat sucks. I think in order they can fix is that they should divide the time in half and you got half the time tot move your troops if you dont well your troops cant move.
    Hello, My name is Smokey. Private Message me if you need anything within the game. PS: I don't work for the company.
  • Payback (US1)Payback (US1) Member Posts: 6
    Move / Flee... Yes I think that some limitation should apply. Possibly so that once an attack begins on your castle you have only 30seconds to flee, otherwise your hero's and troops should be locked in/out. Yes Locked out as well. JMO
    Move / Flee... Yes I think that some limitation should apply. Possibly so that once an attack begins on your castle you have only 30seconds to flee, otherwise your hero's and troops should be locked in/out. Yes Locked out as well. JMO
    I also agree with you sucks really bad people just saying YOLO and just move out.
    I see one problem with a 30 second time limit, it takes time to load from a different kingdom and even more if you have to reload the game because it freezes up for you.
  • Payback (US1)Payback (US1) Member Posts: 6
    Yes, what was I thinking..? 30 seconds is a bit problematic in the current quality level. But... something should be addressed concerning the "haul ass" move. We in Steel Dragons solve this by simply striking in large force surrounding the target to prevent escape or support, so it is somewhat moot to us.
    I would say half of the siege time would be fair, it would make the watch tower and moat  that delay sieges make more sense especially since moats do not really do anything else
  • Also you can ambush players as they pass by. Then use the trees and use the trees then ambush their other heros. Then use the trees to escape. 
  • Jillian (NL1)Jillian (NL1) Member Posts: 224
    the timer when you attack someone is not "the duration of the attack"  its preperation time;  so its completely logical people can still run; its the job of the attacker to intercept the fleeing enemy.
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 322

Is the question about fairness, or about some realistic duplication of ancient warfare?

Having your mega-hive buddies surround one castle and prevent the armies from fleeing while you burn it and everything inside is not exactly fair to begin with, but it is a fairly realistic siege situation. However, realism does not seem to be something the devs are all that interested in building into the game.

• BabyG328 (INT1)BabyG328 (INT1) Member Posts: 1
    Wait, how do you fight&hide I mean I dont really know much about this game yet especially when being attacked. There is red alert sometimes surrounding the screen at the sides and I know I am being attacked but i dont know what to do
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 322
    Not a whole lot to do from inside the castle. You can take your heroes out with troops on them, and save the troops, but your castle will burn most likely. If you have enough defense to withstand the attack, keep them inside and recruit more. You can also hit the attackers before they start on your castle, if you are quick.
  • Nyterose (US1)Nyterose (US1) Member Posts: 20
    I read somewhere if you can't fight inside the castle and survive/win to load up your heroes with units and move far away.  Until today was unaware that I should not kill marauders/mountain men if they are in the trees as enemies can stand there and be unseen.  However, since over 50% of said marauders/mountain men are in these trees, severely limits what you can hit to get resources.

I realize this hiding in a tree is a tactic but it is in my mind a cheating tactic.  Perhaps I am wrong and likely am, but when a lot of folks are on in my alliance I will have to go a LONG distance to find anything to take out and not in shape yet as I started the game in last week or so to think about attacking someone's castle.

If this tactic is here to stay, can you at least not have so many trees and cut it down by 20% or even 10%?
  • Shafaet (US1)Shafaet (US1) Member Posts: 49
    I read somewhere if you can't fight inside the castle and survive/win to load up your heroes with units and move far away.  Until today was unaware that I should not kill marauders/mountain men if they are in the trees as enemies can stand there and be unseen.  However, since over 50% of said marauders/mountain men are in these trees, severely limits what you can hit to get resources.

I realize this hiding in a tree is a tactic but it is in my mind a cheating tactic.  Perhaps I am wrong and likely am, but when a lot of folks are on in my alliance I will have to go a LONG distance to find anything to take out and not in shape yet as I started the game in last week or so to think about attacking someone's castle.

If this tactic is here to stay, can you at least not have so many trees and cut it down by 20% or even 10%?
    Reducing the tree's would mean having lower tiles where you get an Infantry boost for defense which brings us to another problem, so I think the best thing to do is just make a time limiter as most people have said or, only allow your high-tiered troops to be able to run out with the heroes once your being attacked, so maybe only your Tier 4,5 and 6 will be able to run out but you'll still need to fight with your tier 1,2,3 troops.
  • FrostQueen (US1)FrostQueen (US1) Member Posts: 58
    I hero hunt so if you hide in trees and bushes be aware that you are food if you do this and I am near you.
  • Lambency (US1)Lambency (US1) Member Posts: 8
    I hero hunt so if you hide in trees and bushes be aware that you are food if you do this and I am near you.
    hero hunt?   are there heroes hiding in the trees free for the taking?
  • BLACK WIDOW7 (US1)BLACK WIDOW7 (US1) Member Posts: 46

You  got that right  use the   tile tactic  for your  hero's if need be,especially when overwhelmed by  jerks  15 lv's  higher than you and they bring  their  buddies   who attacks   a lower lv castle with no  matching troops oh  who  does that anyways????   whats the  point ????.....   yes   BULLIES
  • Shafaet (US1)Shafaet (US1) Member Posts: 49

You  got that right  use the   tile tactic  for your  hero's if need be,especially when overwhelmed by  jerks  15 lv's  higher than you and they bring  their  buddies   who attacks   a lower lv castle with no  matching troops oh  who  does that anyways????   whats the  point ????.....   yes   BULLIES
    You do lose honor for attacking people more than 7 levels below you, now if they still attack other even after getting that low honor then there's not much the game devs can do since all these players care about is showing off there pride and strength, which they acquired from there big pockets.
Sign In to comment.