Follow Legends of Honor on Twitter @legendsofhonor and me @CM_Popeye

Age of Chivalry is Dead

For the guys playing this game who think that just because a player is female you can talk to her in inappropriate ways, you need to rethink your ideas there. Get over your egos and realize that women play war games as well as we are not playing to find a date, so don't proposition us. And when you attack us, don't send us messages filled with sexual innuendo. That is just not cool.

I have personally been putting up with this type of idiocy since beginning to play the game. And if I were a man and sent another man the types of messages I receive on a regular basis, I'm sure the guys receiving them would be more than a little ticked.

While this game may be set in the era of the middle ages, that does not mean you should treat the women in this game the way they were treated back then. References to "mounting our castles hard" our "enjoyed the f*cking I gave you last night" are extremely inappropriate and do not belong in this game. And those who indulge in this behavior should be run out of the game.

I usually brush these types of comments off as juvenile when I receive them. But now my daughter and other young ladies in my clan have started complaining of the same inappropriate conduct. So I am making this post on their behalf. All women in this game and the men who respect them should ban together to run any man from the game who continues making the types of comments as are made in the attached screenshot.
LaureLee
Leader - Dragon Rebels Alliance

Comments

• SmokeyAnon (US1)SmokeyAnon (US1) Member Posts: 347
    For the guys playing this game who think that just because a player is female you can talk to her in inappropriate ways, you need to rethink your ideas there. Get over your egos and realize that women play war games as well as we are not playing to find a date, so don't proposition us. And when you attack us, don't send us messages filled with sexual innuendo. That is just not cool.

I have personally been putting up with this type of idiocy since beginning to play the game. And if I were a man and sent another man the types of messages I receive on a regular basis, I'm sure the guys receiving them would be more than a little ticked.

While this game may be set in the era of the middle ages, that does not mean you should treat the women in this game the way they were treated back then. References to "mounting our castles hard" our "enjoyed the f*cking I gave you last night" are extremely inappropriate and do not belong in this game. And those who indulge in this behavior should be run out of the game.

I usually brush these types of comments off as juvenile when I receive them. But now my daughter and other young ladies in my clan have started complaining of the same inappropriate conduct. So I am making this post on their behalf. All women in this game and the men who respect them should ban together to run any man from the game who continues making the types of comments as are made in the attached screenshot.
    Hmm. I recommend sending in a support ticket. Maybe they would think twice about doing that again.
    Hello, My name is Smokey. Private Message me if you need anything within the game. PS: I don't work for the company.
  • Laurelee (US1)Laurelee (US1) Member Posts: 31
    I have done so and others have as well. We always get a message back that they will investigate but as it may not be a violation of the Terms of Service..... yada yada yada.

I bet if someone were to talk to some of these jerk's daughters this way they would not take it as calmly as we women have been doing.
    LaureLee
  • bolo03 (US1)bolo03 (US1) Member Posts: 1

what are these guys sexual predators and why does this game allow children in this game

and no policy against sexual harassment

you should contact a news paper or news show !!!!

and tell them about their policy of having kids 13 and older girls and women  and then men boys being able to sexual harass them in the game

what kind of civilized human would condone this behavior ??

I'm bolo03 in game and if they refuse to do anything about it

let me know

and I will get to work on telling some civilized humans about it

• Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 416
    All I can say is just no this is not the right place for that kind of behavior nor is that behavior appropriate anywhere in public.

Maybe dialogue for a badly written adult movie but even there it is more than a little inappropriate.
  • annabella5 (US1)annabella5 (US1) Member Posts: 12
    edited 18.03.2016

They need to further investigate this This kind of language is offensive and should be banned 
  • Payback (US1)Payback (US1) Member Posts: 6
    Ha.... Kingthor.... yeah enough said. We hammer him often, so he is most likely having some issues dealing with that.
  • Laurelee (US1)Laurelee (US1) Member Posts: 31
    I finally got a message back that they had investigated the issue further (this current report) and had taken "appropriate step" but that "Please note that due to data protection reasons, I am not able to give out information about the action that we have taken against the player."

I did receive an apology from King Thor last night, but as he has now switched alliances and is now in an alliance that is on our side of the war, I doubt it has anything to do with the actions GGS has taken against him.

And surprisingly, I have not received any similar messages from any others in the game since making this one public.
    LaureLee
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 332
    I hope they will take more "appropriate steps". He is bothering one of ours now.
  • Voyager 2 (US1)Voyager 2 (US1) Member Posts: 7
    Sad day when you can't even log on and relax. To put an end to bad behavior starts away from the game.
    To hide behind a screen and mock,ridicule,taunt or imply sexual harassment is wrong.  There is no place for this behavior. No exceptions. My pledge, to report any indecent comments to Good Games management, Popeye, players, members, to all.  This harassment ends now.
  • OPAV (US1)OPAV (US1) Member Posts: 51
    He should be banned for this (and it is not the first time!)
  • mitchcanary (GB1)mitchcanary (GB1) Member Posts: 53
    theres no excuse or place for this. it should be one of the first rules laid down by an online game. any inappropriate messaging particularly directed in a sexual nature should mean automatic banning. not negotiable and to hell with data protection they should be reported to the authorities in their country of origin.
  • MeanDean (US1)MeanDean (US1) Member Posts: 30
    It should be rule # 1 . sending a rude message is so childish that it's not even worthy a reply . Sending an
    sexually worded , vulgar texted , message should be rules for immediate ban - plain and simple . No second
    chance - ban them . And if that person comes back with another account - ban them .  Grow up boys - that
    person you're offending is probably someones mother . Would you want someone talking to your mother like that ? Vulgarity is a sign of a weak mind .

On a separate note -  HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ! 
  • Foxmore (US1)Foxmore (US1) Member Posts: 66

say it, forget it......... write it, regret it....

and yes, Happy Mother's Day!!!!

with all due respect and honor, Foxmore
  • peachfuzz (US1)peachfuzz (US1) Member Posts: 6
    I agree with lauralee I also received an inappropriate message about riding me rough and asked if I like vaseline or kyjelly don't know if this player is still in the game but the name is PetItandWetIt! nice name for a pervert! 
  • UNFORGIVINGONE (US1)UNFORGIVINGONE (US1) Member Posts: 55
    edited 12.05.2016
    Do not go gently into the long winters night . RAGE ! rage , rage against the dying of the light .

• eurnwulf (US1)eurnwulf (US1) Member Posts: 4

Although i don't condone this type of thing I do know one thing in this world we have become so quickly offended by a persons opinions and what and how they say them this has caused our country to become very weak not only in mind but body our nation was founded on the concept that everyone has a right to their own thoughts and opinions if you don't like them ignore them sorry if that's crude.My daughters would take that with stride and say thanks for the complement but not on your best day not get offended because someone else is stupid and inconsiderate. I have had females or at least players claiming to be females do the same to me so its not just a one way street. On the behalf of real men in our nation i apologize for the dee tee dee's but regulating speech is just a step in the wrong direction it is unconstitutional in the real world and should be in game world also . Being a law student and speaking as such the aforementioned is not a violation unless it has been made clear it is unwanted and yet continues. As you have stated " While this game may be set in the era of the middle ages, that does not mean you should treat the women in this game the way they were treated back then." with that being said there is a standard we uphold in America and that standard should be maintained and never undermined. Would you allow your daughter to go to a bar or adult club as a minor?  If so would you be mad if they got treated like people treat each other in those venues? I wish the internet was a safe place for our kids but unfortunately it is not. Games are mainly adult oriented and if you allow your kids to be on them then you should also take the responsibility for that action and what they may run into there. Again sorry that you have been subjected to this kind of things but to tell anyone they can't say what ever we want without ramifications is not only illegal but also immoral.     
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    @Laurelee (US1)This type of behavior has absolutely no place in our game. If anyone out there gets messages like this, I would ask that you get screenshots if possible and let me or our support team know. While we can't discuss actions taken, I can tell you that people doing this will be banned.

-Popeye
  • FrostQueen (US1)FrostQueen (US1) Member Posts: 58
    I've complained about this to GG and about a player that threatened to "kill" my family. I've asked that an ignore function be placed into the game and GG did NOT even have the decency to respond to me as a person or my concerns.  THIS a game and I realize that threats "can" just be that hollow empty threats but not always. In this day and age I feel that there should as in many games at least be an option to ignore people like this. Other than just deleting their CONSTANT mailings. And constant taunting. It becomes more than "just" a game when people do stuff like this.
  • Katie Did (US1)Katie Did (US1) Member Posts: 14
    I have done so and others have as well. We always get a message back that they will investigate but as it may not be a violation of the Terms of Service..... yada yada yada.

I bet if someone were to talk to some of these jerk's daughters this way they would not take it as calmly as we women have been doing.
    Hi Laurelee :) I've dealt with this throughout my game play as well :/ I was told by 'my' support tech person that it certainly is a terms of service violation to use that language within the game. If you're not really getting anywhere, I recommend replying to the last support message, or whichever seemed to be more into doing a good job, in your e-mail and building a relationship with the same support tech or two as I did. Then, when you receive stupid messages like that, they will actually do something about it rather than some random support tech telling you the standard blah, blah, blah that does nothing. They can't officially tell you what action they've taken but they usually suspend the offending account. They can, however, tell you from their personal email but not from their support email what action was actually taken ;) 
  • FrostQueen (US1)FrostQueen (US1) Member Posts: 58
    @Laurelee (US1)this is if you can actually GET a support member to follow up and respond to your support mail. I guess you were lucky enough to have gotten someone that was not busy making paperclip crowns to answer YOUR  report. Possibly. To me though, it looks like a robotic message that would be sent out by a computer. Sorry - we are doing what we can and blah blah blah. We will get back to you if we find this or that. Same tune different day. Computer generated answer not a person. Sad isint it that you can't get a straight answer. To be honest I've asked SEVERAL times that an ignore function be implimented as there is in MOST games. Shame that people dont listen to that request would be so so simple for these people that cant follow  some sort or morality. You are being a complete dolt then I can ignore your mails by NOT  RECEIVING them. People should not even have to see them as the sight of them can be off putting.
    Its a game people should not have to feel put off by the mail or others. The coding is not that difficult for an ignore function.
Sign In to comment.