The range of what you can hit for honor.

So I get there needs to be some sort of protection against new players against high level players;

but that protection really shouldn't be in effect after level 30.  The "honorable" opponent part should still be there though. (the bonus honor for hitting someone appropriate for your level)

being high level is just a handicap right now. Essentially you're getting punished for being an active player. 

Comments

• Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 335

From what I have observed, the real punishment for being an active player is that, after a certain level, you MUST spend real money on a regular basis to remain in business. Marauder-hunting simply does not provide enough gems to update baker, hospital, training grounds, etc. to a level that will allow you to defend yourself against big spenders.

Those who want the exclusive prizes won in honor tournaments get them by burning every 40+ castle they can access, sometimes wiping out half of an alliance while those players are asleep or at work. They buy troops by the millions to do it without getting burned themselves. Were it not for those exclusive prizes, I wonder how many people would limit their pillaging to a humane level?

A level 40+ castle cannot be repaired in keeping with the "fast pace" of this game without spending gems, i.e., real money.

In the end, it comes down to who is willing to spend the most money. A sad way to win something that is supposed to be a game.

• Jillian (NL1)Jillian (NL1) Member Posts: 224
    I havent been burned in a month so I do not know how much gems i would require to "fast repair" ev erything now. I do remember it was around 2k at level 33~ per castle.

The honor tournament is practically impossible for me. Theres 4 people playing that are level 40+.  Me, 2 level 45s, and a level 42.  

one of the 45s is my alliance member, so i can't hit that one. The other one, barely plays so actually doesnt have any troops to kill. The level 42 plays guerilla style, only has enough troops for 3 hero's and keeps them save at all times (i actually camped out side his castle for 2 hours, just to kill his hero's since he was being annoying to alliance members)

I am level 52 now. If someone is level 40 or lower, practically get no honor for them. 

What I meant by you get punished for being active, is that you'll simply outlevel everyone so hard. in the last week, i've barely done ANYTHING. I only built things that wouldnt give me XP, i only hit enough marauders to keep on being able to build buildings.

And still i've gained the number of levels that most other "active" players got. (and i was basically inactive the whole week)

I dont even wanna know how fked up its going to be once I get burned. Im expecting a cost of 10k jewels or something to repair that, or 2 days worth of time...

I get the idea that the game needs some incentive to hit castles, but the tournament just makes people go berserk. I've got alliance members (the less active ones)  hitting everything they can see, even empty castles since they are clueless (and are unwilling to listen that its useless to hit empty castles)

Anyways, the point of this topic was to adress the issue of being high leveled and getting hit by players way lower level then you.

• I agree most of my higher levels Alliance members are constantly being hit by players more than 10 levels below them so there is no way to retaliate it is not fair when 3 level 13 players destroy a level 26 castle and their higher level alliance mates stand by and watch>:)
    Maybe they can do something like, once a lower player attacks someone that can't retaliate due to level, they become honorable to everyone for a X amount of time?

just put some icon next to their name when that happens (both next to their castle and all rankings) 

@MistressFighter (US1) , if level 13 enemies are hitting my level 26 alliance member's castle, any of our level 40+ can certainly pitch in to defend the castle without losing honor. They just can't hit the heroes waiting outside, or on approach. Your lower level members should be attacking the enemy heroes, and let the higher level save the castle.  

And all the higher levels will do that, without gaining any honor:P

Its just sad, my group barely has active low players. Since it rly takes no effort to reach lvl 35+ in a few weeks time.
  • OPAV (US1)OPAV (US1) Member Posts: 51
    The goal of this game is to get as much honor (and fear) as possible.
    The goal is NOT to become the highest lvl.

Lower lvl's have more FUN!
    @Jillian (NL1) yes, that's the purpose of being in an alliance. Anyone who is online is expected to help defend against attacks. If I had any player who did not, high-level or no, they would be looking for a new alliance.
    @Jillian (NL1) yes, that's the purpose of being in an alliance. Anyone who is online is expected to help defend against attacks. If I had any player who did not, high-level or no, they would be looking for a new alliance.
    thats not the point i'm trying to make.

Later on, once the entire alliance is high leveled, a new group can just destroy us. since we can't counter anything. We can't preemtively hit their heroes or castles.. we'll just be sitting there like: "Allright mate, i'm coming."    "never mind, those 500 heroes we couldn't stop that are waiting for us got me"

• OPAV (US1)OPAV (US1) Member Posts: 51
    Do like I did, stop growing in lvl's.
    I am lvl 47 for 2 months now.

All others are getting bigger and soon I will be one of the "small" guys.

Those small guys attacking you now will grow fast and become available for attack.
    Problem is they are not growing.

Im 53 now, and the only reason i'm leveling is cause of marauders, which I also slowed down on doing since i was lvling too fast..
Sign In to comment.