Follow Legends of Honor on Twitter @legendsofhonor and me @CM_Popeye

Total newbie

LOL, that would be me ..... at least at any type of online games.

Where to start, LMAO. I've been playing for 5 days, the server has gone down twice in that time. The first was 6~8 hours this second one is now at 20 hours. I'm not impressed.

My two castles have been completely destroyed 5 times and my castle was just being attacked when the server went down and I was in the middle of two upgrades, one with each castle.

I noticed that a lot of players work in packs or at least attack in groups of two's and threes. (Maybe I need two or three accounts so that I can also attack in packs. LOL ) I tried to retaliate on one of the attackers and all the neighbours destroyed my second hero.

Man this is one dog eat dog world. Not a place for the timid or faint of heart. (Any instruction manual on how to survive in this game.)

Comments

• Molly (AU1)Molly (AU1) Member Posts: 11
    You need to join an alliance that works as a team.  Once in an alliance you can ask in chat, and the other members will give you hints ant tips.  Going it alone will not work.

• Iriddian (US1)Iriddian (US1) Member Posts: 9

Where to start, LMAO. I've been playing for 5 days, the server has gone down twice in that time. The first was 6~8 hours this second one is now at 20 hours. I'm not impressed.

My two castles have been completely destroyed 5 times and my castle was just being attacked when the server went down and I was in the middle of two upgrades, one with each castle.

I noticed that a lot of players work in packs or at least attack in groups of two's and threes. (Maybe I need two or three accounts so that I can also attack in packs. LOL ) I tried to retaliate on one of the attackers and all the neighbours destroyed my second hero.

Man this is one dog eat dog world. Not a place for the timid or faint of heart. (Any instruction manual on how to survive in this game.)

Welcome to Legends of Honour man

The long down time for maintenance is usually not an issue here although today's downtime is definately a drag. It apparently has something to do with a screw up while implementing a new update.

On the survival front, finding and joining an active alliance is definately a step in the right direction. Especially one filled with friendly members who know how to communicate and work together as a team. Good Luck :)

• Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 322
    Also, you can move your castle once a day, and maybe you will settle someplace where the neighbors are not as bloodthirsty. Remember that a high level player cannot attack a low-level castle without suffering consequences.
  • wolfslayer1 (US1)wolfslayer1 (US1) Member Posts: 6

Alliance sounds good to me, but the first offer I got was join us in three days or else ...... lets be realistic, I hadn't even been playing for more than 2 hours and if that doesn't sound like a threat, I don't know what does. roflol

@ Raffles I don't think moving would make a difference, these attackers have been coming from 8 minutes away on the board and they have numbers in the 4 million whereas I have numbers in the 1~2 hundred thousand, I think I hold a knights rank and these others have ranks like general. ( I have a feeling they are attacking because they don't like my name, lol, which I was given 12 years ago, long before online gaming was a thing. )

Molly, Iriddian and Raffles ..... so you all agree that lone wolf doesn't make it here, I need to find and join an alliance.

I'll see if I can learn to move my castle if the game ever comes back online. I'll also look for an alliance that'll give me shelter, roflol  As a Canadian, I'm not used to asking for help. LOL

Your help and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank-you

Mike

• Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 406
    Check under the Alliance Recruiting section and look at either the looking for alliance section or the looking for members section.

Just out of curiosity what faction are you?

@ Saimaider 

B) Roflol ... What's a faction? Without being able to get into the game I couldn't tell you .... I don't know.

I was just sort of clicking some buttons when I started. I was so uninterested, I didn't even bother writing down the email address, user name or password  ..... just following some ones advice that I had to check it out.

I just jumped in feet first and have been fighting for my life .... well .... castle, since I stuck my foot in the door. I only found out yesterday I have an email box LOL

It's a whole new life to me, I'll have to find some time to learn a little bit about the game.

• Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 406
    The game has three factions each are described as having different motivations philosophy and fighting styles not sure how much difference there is in game play as I have only played Lion Faction.

Lions

Bears

Dragons
    Roflol I don't even remember seeing that selection. Given that choice now, I'd likely select dragons.
  • OPAV (US1)OPAV (US1) Member Posts: 51
    Use this account to learn and make a new one to start for real.
    After you learn how to operate it. (just click on anything and see what happens)

@ OPAV

LOL, If the game ever comes back online I may just start clicking on everything to see what it does.

• OPAV (US1)OPAV (US1) Member Posts: 51
    That is the way I started also (alone until lvl 20 and then joined an Alli)
    The Alli members gave me many tips while playing.

So I received my day 7 ration today.

I would say it`s been 9 days of play but who`s counting, lol

Thought I might join an alliance .... like the one that kept attacking me ..... but that option isn't there, LOL.

Legends of honor, definitely no honour with most of these players.

I`ve been attacked 12-13 times, half of those by Knights or Knight Captains. Hey, that's life.

Well the castle has been on fire since dawn and won't be finally put out until noon tomorrow at the earliest.

Then I've also been attacked numerous times by a couple of generals a commander and a marshal. Some of these guys think we are same ...... same what ...... players. I took a look at their castles ..... anywhere from 12 to 16 houses level 8 to 11. The farms are 16 to 18and levels from 8 to 11. ROFLMAO  So guys, we're not even in the same universe ........ but you went half way across it to destroy castle.

While it was a pleasure to play for a short while and a joy to converse on the forum, for those that stay, Good Luck with "We're

• Getos (US1)Getos (US1) Member Posts: 95
    Try finding more peaceful spot ...There is a relocate option on the map ... where u can change your castle location and it is free daily ... So change place far away and they will forget about you. If they started to find you change place again. And so on till u r strong enough and joined a good alliance
  • MeanDean (US1)MeanDean (US1) Member Posts: 30
    Don't give up , you'll eventually find a good alliance and be better protected to grow . Very doubtful anyone can make it alone here , no matter what level they are . The alliance's that are offered when you first start are suggested alliances , and generally not very active or worth it . Most established alliance's are closed to new members , but will let in players that establish a few things - like how much they play , how much they're willing to help fellow members , and their type of game play ( aggressive - likes to burn down any and all castles , or
    passive - likes to build castles and doesn't attack others that much ) .

Keep in mind this is a war game , and anything goes , like people making up numerous accounts in order to spy on other alliances , so you can see why most alliances are closed . Also , being a war game , the rewards offered in tournements and growth , encourage people to constantly attack others .Oh ,thats another thing to keep in mind - being in an alliance affords you the ability to get more rewards .

Not endorsing what type of alliance to join , everyone is different , so judge for yourself . BTW -  most of the game guilds are useless , IMHO , you'll find out more joining a good alliance .

Good luck , and hang in there !

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    Keep up the good fight, and find a strong alliance to back you up! Who knows, maybe one day you will even wear the crown.

-Popeye
  • BLACK WIDOW7 (US1)BLACK WIDOW7 (US1) Member Posts: 46

you are so right i can login in here but the game login wont let me  so while im offline grrr im sure i will become mincemeat...  if they  fix this SOON i hope maybe I'll stay has to be a glitch cause my other wont work either 
  • BLACK WIDOW7 (US1)BLACK WIDOW7 (US1) Member Posts: 46
    If your in  the dragon faction  and need help join my alliance I will help any 1 as much as possible btw I was just attacking by a million troop  player also don't feel bad even  if I heal my troops    I wont have as much as  him plus there's a whole flipping gang of them lol so guess its time to relocate  look for DRAGONS FLAME if your in need  its new but its better than being on your own 
  • Shafaet (US1)Shafaet (US1) Member Posts: 49
    edited 02.08.2016
    I recommend joining an alliance first since that way you're alliance members will be able to explain you how the structure of this game works.
    Post edited by Shafaet (US1) on
Sign In to comment.