Time for Some Brutal Honesty

Comments

• aXBlackDeathXa (US1)aXBlackDeathXa (US1) Member Posts: 38
    So as of recently I am seeing A LOT of people run out of their castles with all the troops they can carry last minute when getting hit.  I don't feel this is entirely fair.  No game on the market allows you to run away from every fight every time without any sort of penalty.  Either you're locked into a fight once it starts (no running away) or if you run you should take a honor penalty and the attacker gets a portion of that.
  • There is a penalty if you leave no troops in your castle and flee you get no honor and lose resources and coins
    Why should you stay and lose all the troops that took so much coin and time to recruit.  :|
  • Burnitall (US1)Burnitall (US1) Member Posts: 5
    The recent update...how am i supposed to lose 6% of 5.22mill honor, per day, when i (lvl27) hit a lvl31 and get 1500 honor when id usually get 25k, all because he is 1.3mill honor...this balancing is just wrong all wrong, so many other ways you couldve gone about this. Im gonna play it out and see what its like, but i can tell you now...im not gonna sit here and watch my honor disapear that has taken alot of gameplay to achieve and still have that drive in me to reach that next level or attack that next castle, get bored and leave. Like i said im gonna give it a chance but it all just seems like a rush job to fix balancing issues
  • RAIL ROAD (US1)RAIL ROAD (US1) Member Posts: 23
    DID HEAL AND REDRUIT TIME GO BACK UP TAKING 48 MIN FOR 200 ARCHERS WAS TAKING 20 MIN BEFORE UPDATE
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 335

It has been promised for months that a system will be implemented to allow mass messaging within the alliance. The button to do this has been visible but not operational for months already.

There is a lot of communicating that needs to be done right now, both because of the MAJOR changes made by developers and the major changes occurring in the social dynamics of the game (on US1). The only way I have to message important information to all of my players is: 1) put it in the management tab, where I get about 2 lines of text, 2) put it in the diplomacy tab, where I get 1 line of text, or 3) copy and paste a message to each member individually, most effectively done if you just start at the top of your member list and move down. However, this third option is totally messed up by the game glitch which prevents me from viewing anything in the lower 3/4 of the list for more than 3 seconds before it automatically jumps back to the beginning. I literally do not have time to click on the member's info button before it jumps back.

Could you fix at least ONE of these problems please??

• BLACK WIDOW7 (US1)BLACK WIDOW7 (US1) Member Posts: 46
    There is a penalty if you leave no troops in your castle and flee you get no honor and lose resources and coins
    Why should you stay and lose all the troops that took so much coin and time to recruit.  :|
    That"s seriously   ridiculous....lol   Like I'm going to leave  my  troops & all my resources in  my castle in Dark Marshes  which I have had for about a week for  an  idiot that's  got a revenge  grudge cause he was dismissed from my  alliance. I'm attacked  every single time  my  shied is up.... so  yes  I empty it to 0  have no troops  & will continue to  do  so.I will not play in Marshes  &  for some stupid reason the game wont  allow me to move    to  get out of range  so I can build & play ....  you   developers need to  change  more than a few things around here!!!!!! We  players have had about enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    
  • Sterno (US1)Sterno (US1) Member Posts: 1
    Changes to the game:

A couple observations and recommendations to the recent changes. 

Honor changes:  I suspect the change here is to somewhat equalize the game; however, the result of those changes is not proportionate to where you are in level or honor.  Players who are higher level already have a disadvantage in the number of players/castles they are able to hit, now with the honor ranking compounding the already lower number of players open for aggression it is found that many now have but a handful of opponents which can be attacked.  not to mention if your castle is attacked honor received is little to none.  This greatly impacts the quality of the game enjoyment and honestly becomes a big frustration.

Bubbles:  Getos mentioned his feeling on a burn shield, I would go one step further here and suggest that if a protection bubble is going to be offered, you also offer a breach capability which allows a player to bypass the bubble (provided they pay for the capability).  this will equalize the bubble and reduce what I am seeing where a player attacks then bubbles before retaliation can take place!
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    Bubble popper would be a bit unfair for the people that actually go on vacation. Perhaps add a cooldown, so that you can't bubble if you were recently hit or recently hit someone else.
  • TrojanTom (US1)TrojanTom (US1) Member Posts: 1
    You guys have done everything possible to ruin this game.  People are quitting daily because of the bs updates that are making things worse. I got 10 mil honor, and now only about 5 people i can attack to receive honor.  I did a 1.5 mil attack on a lvl 52 player with 4 mil in castle and gor 2 k honor. Don't that seem a little absurd?  Every change you make things get worse.  We use to be able to play this game and have fun while playing it, but you took that away.  This game has become a joke.  Hopefully you guys will realize how bad you have made it,, because you are driving it into the ground. People are starting to hit lower levels just to get rid of there honor,  so they have a chance to compete in the tourney.  That is how stupid things have gotten iin this game.  Make yourself useful and fix the honor situation, before  there is no game, or maybe you can give us our money back for having faith in you to put a good game product out there for everyone to enjoy.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    @Raffles (US1)I can at least tell you that Alliance mails will be in the next update that is currently being tested. I will let you guys know as soon as I get a day and time for the update.

-Popeye
    There is a penalty if you leave no troops in your castle and flee you get no honor and lose resources and coins
    That"s seriously   ridiculous....lol   Like I'm going to leave  my  troops & all my resources in  my castle in Dark Marshes  which I have had for about a week for  an  idiot that's  got a revenge  grudge cause he was dismissed from my  alliance. I'm attacked  every single time  my  shied is up.... so  yes  I empty it to 0  have no troops  & will continue to  do  so.I will not play in Marshes  &  for some stupid reason the game wont  allow me to move    to  get out of range  so I can build & play ....  you   developers need to  change  more than a few things around here!!!!!! We  players have had about enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    
    Once again  ATTACKED lol  geezzzzz  when  will I be able to move  FIX IT PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 335
    @BLACK WIDOW7, sorry to tell you, there really is not any place in marshes that is out of range. It's a very small map, even with a recent expansion.
  • ahm3 (US1)ahm3 (US1) Member Posts: 21
    the simple thing is calculating distance
    it work in high but when we go to ice and open ranking table , all distance are wrong !!
    when a program can not calculate simple distance how it could calculate a complex honor in a battle?! could you give us your formula for calculating honor in each battle please? 
    please go back and before any new change in your full of bugs program, first solve previous bugs...
    in new update I hit some troops free player for food and resources and they did not burn!! and I can hit them 2-3 times !! this is only one example of more than hundred different bugs .!!  in each update instead of solving previous bugs you add some more new bugs to it, and also you change base lows of game which a player plan to play in more than one month... you said that you are using data !! when you change the basic and initial lows of game and it cause to stop fighting and playing of most player, which data do you use?! data of stop game ?!!
    you see that there is issue from all level player with high and low level of honor,... maybe you need to change your system annalist or your programmer or maybe you need shout down completely your server....
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    Just going to list the best way I can currently think of how to fix the low level problem.

- In terms of low levels hitting you're castle, allow a retaliation system as previously mentioned, possibly give you a full day where you can retaliate without penalties, and make it so the person cannot bubble during this time, as that would just be unfair.

- In terms of lower levels hitting you in the field, perhaps make it so when you're at war with another alliance you are allowed to hit their low levels in the field (not castles) with no penalty and the ability to gain honor off them. You're only allowed a limited number of wars, so can't really say how to work around that. Also for war rewards in general, as it is kind of exploitable.. perhaps make it so that the losers in a war don't lose anything, merely that the winners are rewarded.

- The new honor system should be tweaked, so that the level system is still intact, so that you can still hit anyone you were able to hit before, regardless of honor, but perhaps some lower levels you weren't previously able to hit can be bumped up a few levels depending on how high their honor is. This way, you don't receive any honor reduction for hitting say someone you're level with 0 honor, but you gain more honor for hitting someone you're level with 5 million honor. No honor reductions for not hitting "honorable" targets, only bonus honor for hitting "honorable" targets.

Also, add back honor on defense, as it seems that you only gain defensive honor sometimes, and other times you gain 0 honor for defending yourself. (This one is regardless of level or honor of the attacking player)

These are some rough ideas, I'm sure many others could think of better ones, but I'm pretty sure this style of system would work better then the new one that was recently added.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    @Rambo4 (US1)Defensive honor is still in the game, but the last update caused a bug that cause it to not be calculated. We will have this fixed soon.
    I agree some tweaks to the honor system are needed for sure. The latest updates were supposed to tackle this issue, but it looks like further adjustments will be needed to make sure you always have plenty of honorable opponents.

-Popeye
    Once again  ATTACKED lol  geezzzzz  when  will I be able to move  FIX IT PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
     Oh   come on     I cant even  move near someone so its  not that  its just a big problem lets face it lol  I have tried for  hours sometimes  seriously 
    I agree that the new Shield of Peace times appear to be discouraging game strategies that might be characterized as bullying - mass attacks that destroy an alliances ability to retaliate at the onset, then suffocating repeated burning over days' time. The longer shield does two things:  it actually gives the losing side a chance to recuperate troops and formulate a plan, and it keeps the winning side from stealing all of their resources.
    lol ???   why  cant   u  use the  word shield of   peace  in  a message  without     saying inappropriate language   seriously 
  • verity (US1)verity (US1) Member Posts: 20
    I have a problem with the list players on my team.  the system automatically goes back to the top and I can not reach the player I am looking to message or check on their status, such if they have been playing.  if I want to remove a player that is not on the first page of list of players, I have to keep on trying 10 times before I can get it down to the player in question.  there have been times I have been so frustrated by this system because I have to do it repeatedly.  I cant believe they made a system where the scroll doesn't work.  
  • Miolito (SKN1)Miolito (SKN1) Member Posts: 1
    I cant log in to my account. When I get in im a level 1!!!! If my troups die today (when Im supposed to hunt dragons) You need to replace everthing I had from the beginning. Every troop that dies, you have to replace. Gggrrrrrr im so mad!!!!
Sign In to comment.