Follow Legends of Honor on Twitter @legendsofhonor and me @CM_Popeye

Discussion: Update 13.06.2016 - Diplomacy is Dead

CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
Hey guys, Go ahead and leave any questions about the latest update in here. Now get out and start a WAR!!!

-Popeye

Comments

• LordWox (US1)LordWox (US1) Member Posts: 4
    So what is the point of this game if not to just make the devs richer =/
     The mauraders out there are so low like 1 million god dam 1s wtf for people arent staying long because of the greedy top teams wont give anyone a chance to build and FIGHT. Do you really think the comon man is going to drop anymore than 5 buks tops-they have bills-familys etc. Stop this craze of letting the top wallet wimps take over OUR the peoples game. If you devs want just money players then say so at the start and the rest wont even try it they know the outcome. I have played Pirates of Tides for 3 yrs and they treat us like REAL people and the game reflects it by the numbers who play. So if you change the way YOU think and look at the NEW guys trying to get into this game you best clean up these issues OR....stop ALL fighting until all are the same levels then let the wars begin otherwise this game is garbage to me and thousands of more~ The money boys can litteraly kiss my ***~
  • fangedaxa (GB1)fangedaxa (GB1) Member Posts: 8
    no point starting a war as troop production and healing times are to long. takes forever to get troops back :(
  • So instead of allowing us a better way to deal with the bullies you are handing them one more way to make sure we can't win and then we are going to be penalized 10% for that. When you have an alliance of 10 to 15 members and a 30 to 50 member group ports in and attacks you for 5 days they get to steal 10% of the honor you get by trying to fight back. Since they are farming you for the resources for those 5 days you have nothing left to fight back with. If you try to send your heroes out to hunt for villains after the shield is gone they attack them. And at my level have usually had a battle going on in all 3 kingdoms at the same time, so don't have resources or troops to fight or get any resources.  :#
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 217
    edited 13.06.2016
    This update seems highly exploitable. So if I make an alliance of 1 declare war hit someone once and never build any troops so they can't gain any honor off me I win?

Or maybe I'm one of those exploiting low level alliances that purposely stay low level and go hit a high level alliance that way I win no matter what.

If this is the case I'm expecting every alliance to hit 0 honor fast.

Edit: You guys should be adding things to make people WANT to level up, taking advantages away from being a low level. As it currently stands people are making alts, keeping them low level on purpose because it gives them an advantage. Entire alliances are purposefully staying low level because they get an advantage. This only adds to the long list of advantages of being a low level.
    Post edited by Rambo4 (US1) on
  • BornToGo (US1)BornToGo (US1) Member Posts: 24
    you are of course adding some kind of balance so that a) an alliance with 50 players attacking an alliance with 20 players will some how be balanced in the honor that the smaller alliance gets.  b) the number of alliances attacking a single alliance will also effect the honor for the alliances at war.  If you are not doing this then it seems like this will favor the mega hives to detriment of the rest. 
  • Jillian (NL1)Jillian (NL1) Member, Moderator, Moderator Plus Posts: 224
    is this "Alliance honor" or player honor? 

if so, whats the point of alliance honor? it does nothing except a ranking.
  • Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 377
    Congratulations for coming up with an update to your game that will just about kill any interest casual players have in playing.

Hopefully you will have enough pay to win players to keep each other interested and playing.
  • Cerjio (US1)Cerjio (US1) Member Posts: 46
    One other thing is, what if your alliance leader isn't active again?  I think everyone has problems in most alliances that they have a lot of inactive members and if the alliance leader is also inactive, nobody can do jack about it except to find another alliance or make one of your own.
  • KingArthyr (US1)KingArthyr (US1) Member Posts: 18
    I'm curious what possessed the devs to add in such a blatantly exploitative and completely irrational addition to the game already wracked with such balance issues?  I understand that this is a pay to win game, however I notice a lack of prevention of hacks, exploits, inability to fix basic rendering issues, deal with imbalance and more.  Here is an example, a level 17 with 2 Million in troops, obvious that the player is using an exploit/cheat, attacks a level 45 player.  Can that level 45 retaliate? No, because if the level 45 hits the level 17, they lose tons of honor.  An entire alliance of players come onto the server have characters level 10 or less, have millions in power, screen shots are sent, customer service doesn't delete and ip ban them?

Let's look at what your new update will do.  On the US1 server, there are several large and powerful alliances.  Several of these rather large alliances have banded together in a loose confederation.  So, we have we have group 1 hitting the smaller honor members of group 2, the larger members of group 2 can't attack defend as they'll lose honor.  Group 2 smaller members will continuously be attacked for 5 days (kind of like now, but even more so).  These smaller members, being unable to attack or defend themselves will lose vast amounts of honor, say "screw it" and quit the game or be absorbed into the larger groups if possible.  Eventually, the larger groups will target each other...they can only hit 3 at a time...however they can be hit by 10 at once.

Are you seeing the issue yet?  What you have done is destroyed some of your player base in favor of those who cheat, use hacks, etc pay money.  But, something you neglected to realize, eventually the ones who pay money will get fed up and leave too, because they can't compete with those who use the unlimited gem/coin hacks.  Since those people aren't paying money for those items, your revenue will disappear, you'll then have a ghost town of a game, which means another game that could have been quite excellent will go the way of the dinosaur, because of their inability to fix issues, pandering to people who pay to win, refusal to deal with exploits/hacks, and killing off your player base.

Don't believe me?  I've seen it happen at least 12 times in the last 5 years, to both browser based and MMORPG games more interested in fleecing people for money than they are concerned about providing a quality and enjoyable game experience. 
    " Here is an example, a level 17 with 2 Million in troops"  It might not be a hack or exploit, remember, you have 2 kingdoms and it's very possible they are moving troops from one kingdom to another.  They might run out of food very very fast but it is very possible to have a lvl 17 with 2 million troops.  I have 2 kingdoms and one is just about 1.2 mil and I'm lvl 19 and I'm playing legit and not even paying for gems.
    Just an update, I will run out of food with 1.19m troops at my first castle in 3 hours.  So it can be done.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    Hey guys, I know you have concerns about this new feature, but I feel like it was something that needed to be introduced. You do raise some valid points in regards to some alliances being seemingly too big to fight, but I feel like this is where some strategy comes into place. Deals have to be struck among smaller alliances in order to take the big boys down, and hopefully this will promote a more level playing field.

On the subject of those that are potentially using bots, we are in the process of unveiling a new strategy to ensure that they will have no place in our game. I will let you guys know once we have finalized the plan.

-Popeye
    " Here is an example, a level 17 with 2 Million in troops"  It might not be a hack or exploit, remember, you have 2 kingdoms and it's very possible they are moving troops from one kingdom to another.  They might run out of food very very fast but it is very possible to have a lvl 17 with 2 million troops.  I have 2 kingdoms and one is just about 1.2 mil and I'm lvl 19 and I'm playing legit and not even paying for gems.
    Cerijo, I've seen level 5s with 8 million strength.  The person in question has over 2 Million in both realms, and heroes with 750K per attacking people level 40.  
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, I know you have concerns about this new feature, but I feel like it was something that needed to be introduced. You do raise some valid points in regards to some alliances being seemingly too big to fight, but I feel like this is where some strategy comes into place. Deals have to be struck among smaller alliances in order to take the big boys down, and hopefully this will promote a more level playing field.

On the subject of those that are potentially using bots, we are in the process of unveiling a new strategy to ensure that they will have no place in our game. I will let you guys know once we have finalized the plan.

-Popeye
    Popeye,

strategy is ineffective when you have 10 people trying to hit hit and provide support and you're swarmed by a total of 26 heroes, before you can even hit the castle you're aiming at.  Example from tonight, my team and I had a total of 3 people, 3 heroes, looking to attack someone with 1.7 million strength.  We had over 6 million in strength.  We were wiped, partly because of the idiotic popups for rewards preventing us from withdrawing when a different group/alliance (14 heroes strong, each carrying at least 300K) was waiting for the castle battle to finish, and immediately did so.

No matter what time, day, or night, there always seems to be an overwhelming number of them online...you may want to check to see if people are sharing accounts by checking IPs/locations.  So if say a person is logging in at one point from say Missouri, and then a few hours later they're online from Chicago and a few hours later from England they're obviously sharing accounts.  Same if a person starts with an ip range of 171.X.X.X and then later they're a 12.X.X.X or have a completely different ISP.  There are many ways things can be equalized, and some of the cheating stopped. 
    And by the way, if you're going to make us lose 10% of our honor, the least you can do is get rid of the nightly 8% loss (at my rank anyway) which is a bit much as it is.
  • Jillian (NL1)Jillian (NL1) Member, Moderator, Moderator Plus Posts: 224
    edited 14.06.2016
    Cerijo, I've seen level 5s with 8 million strength.  The person in question has over 2 Million in both realms, and heroes with 750K per attacking people level 40.  
    Its impossible for a lvl 5 to have a 750k strength hero, a level 5 can have what, at most a lvl 10 or 15 hero?  impossible to hold 750k..  I think I reach 750k with VI units on my lvl 44 hero...

on a sidenote, i hold 7 million in all 3 realms, and have food for more then a week. Guess if i'd hold as much troops to have food for 12 hours, i'd be having 8-9 million everywhere...

another sidenote,
    @CM Popeye,
    that honor that you lose if you lost the war, is that alliance honor or is it 10% from all players in said alliance that gets spread over all the players in the winning alliance?
    That would depends on how much they upgraded things, but I had typo'd and meant a level 15.  Hard to type when doing so with a cat blocking your view
  • CatBooklady (US1)CatBooklady (US1) Member Posts: 75
    And by the way, if you're going to make us lose 10% of our honor, the least you can do is get rid of the nightly 8% loss (at my rank anyway) which is a bit much as it is.
    I quite agree with my "friendimie" :wink: His alliance and mine attack each other every day. I personally like the street fights near the castle being attacked, rather than actually attacking 1 of their castles.BUT 8% Honor "tax" and 10% more? Excessive, imo.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    @Jillian (NL1)It is taken from the Alliance honor.

-Popeye
Sign In to comment.