Follow Legends of Honor on Twitter @legendsofhonor and me @CM_Popeye

Update: 13.06.2016 - Diplomacy is Dead

CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
edited 14.06.2016 in Official Announcements
"Men ought either to be indulged or utterly destroyed, for if you merely offend them they take vengeance, but if you injure them greatly they are unable to retaliate, so that the injury done to a man ought to be such that vengeance cannot be feared." - Machiavelli

The time for diplomacy is over, and the time of war is upon us. We will follow our beloved Heroes in all three Kingdoms, and see our enemies kneel before us. To the victor goes the spoils!

This weeks update will introduce the ability to Declare War, a minor change to Alliance events, and more World Map refactoring. Continue reading below for more details.

General

• Declare War!

• Your Alliance Leader, Deputy and Diplomat now have the power to Declare War against other Alliances! 
    • The Alliance(s) you are currently at war with will be highlighted on your World Map.
    • An Alliance can only have 3 active Wars that they started going on at the same time. They can still be declared against when this limit is reached. 
    • All of the Honor earned from attacks or defense against the enemy Alliance during the War will go into the final Honor total, and determine the winner.
    • The winners of the War will take away 10% of the losers Alliance Honor.
    • The War will only end after 5 days have passed.

User Interface / Gameplay

• Small Change to Alliance Point Events
    • In order to make sure all Alliance members are pulling their weight, you must now earn at least one point in an active event in order to be eligible for any Rewards.
    • As long as at least one point is scored at anytime during the event, the member will receive all of the Rewards that the Alliance earned from the start of the Event.

Technical

Further Work on Improving Overall Performance 

• The LoH team continues to work on optimizations on both the server and client sides in order to improve the overall performance of the game.
  • Phase 2 of the World Map refactoring is ongoing.

As always, please post any feedback or questions in HERE.

Regards,

Your LoH CM Team

Post edited by CM Popeye on

Comments

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    Hey legends, I just wanted to let you know that this update will be going live tomorrow morning. I will let you know when I get the exact time.

-Popeye
    Update is now going live my good people.

-Popeye
    I just wanted to clarify two things quickly just to be sure we all understand this new feature.

1 - The 10% Alliance Honor loss for the loser is the maximum it can be. The actual percentage will be based on the difference in Honor between the 2 Alliances at war, and will fall between 1 - 10%

2 - Just to be clear, only ALLIANCE Honor will be taken at the end of the event. Individual Honor points are not part of the loss/reward.

As always, feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

-Popeye
    Hey guys, In the spirit of being as transparent as possible, I have an announcement to make in regards to the new feature introduced today that allows Alliances to declare war. We will be rolling out a bugfix tomorrow that will remove take away the Honor rewards at the end of wars for the time being. This is being done in order to address some concerns that many of you had about people exploiting the system by using small lower level Alliances to win wars against higher level ones that would have no option to attack back. This would have created an unfair advantage, and needs to be reworked before we bring back the Honor rewards. I will keep you guys posted as we move forward.

-Popeye
    Hotfix is now going live with a short downtime.

-Popeye
Sign In to comment.