Follow Legends of Honor on Twitter @legendsofhonor and me @CM_Popeye

Discussion: Update 20.06.2016 - An Unexpected Discovery

CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
Hey guys, Go ahead and leave any questions or feedback regarding our latest update in here.

-Popeye

Comments

• Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 222
    When does this update go live?
  • Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 416
    Has this update gone live? I do not see the cave anywhere.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    The update will be going live in a little bit.

-Popeye
  • Toby1892 (DE1)Toby1892 (DE1) Member Posts: 1
    German server World 1 still down. Anyone know when it will be online again?
    We are still in the update process, and will be back up soon.

-Popeye
    annnnnnd like that, we're back up!

-Popeye
  • KingArthyr (US1)KingArthyr (US1) Member Posts: 18
    What in hell were you people thinking????  14 mins to heal T2s, a destruction battle taking almost 18 minutes???  Giving even more time for support to show up and waste even more of our precious time sitting around unable to do anything.  Are the devs trying to not only ruin the game, but cause people to quit? 

It was bad enough when battles lasted 10 mins which was already a complete waste of time, but almost 20 mins?  Do you think I have nothing more important to do than to sit and watch a little animation of a person hitting a castle over and over for 20 mins?  Here's an idea, stop wasting your players precious time.

A game is supposed to be fun.  Exactly how fun is it to sit and be able to do nothing for 20 mins except sit there twiddling your thumbs?
  • onlas (PL1)onlas (PL1) Member Posts: 50
    wait until you lengthem the time of recruitment
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 332

I am excited about the caves, as this is one aspect of the game I expected to find when I joined, and was disappointed they did not have. Will let you know how I feel again after my heroes get back, lol!

I like the new Shield and attack times, gives your alliance more time to help you and is more realistic. A 3 minute assault should not be able to burn a castle, even if it is low on troops. a fully armed castle should take at least 20 minutes, gives you time to get your alliance in, especially given the instability of the site and the fact that you might have to refresh while moving from one realm to another.

• flyingpig (US1)flyingpig (US1) Member Posts: 50
    The increase in battle time is terrible.  I simply cannot commit this amount of time to a game.  The time commitment was already substantial but now it is draining.  Please roll this back.  I enjoy the game but 25 min battles are not sustainable. 
  • BornToGo (US1)BornToGo (US1) Member Posts: 24
    I think that battle times are already long enough without the increase in time.  If the problem is making the moat and watchtower more desirable than why not also give them some sort of raising defensive value as well as the time value.  I think that would accomplish the goal you want to achieve without bogging the game down.

• Tallia (US1)Tallia (US1) Member Posts: 7
    The new attack times are terrible for big players. It will now take all day instead of hours to complete an enjoyable war between 2 alliances. Many high level players rely on inactive castles to get food quick to help support these battles. 15-20 minutes for a fast "Assault" attack. Really? Now, with your times, troops will starve with out paying for food, people will get tired of your insistence of spending money and you will loose your top alliances. I left Stormfall: Age of War after 4 years of play because of the lengthy times and everything now costing real money. They lost half of their players.This game will not last if this is to be the new norm.
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 222
    edited 21.06.2016
    I hope you guys thought a lot about this update, it may literally kill this game. Also have you thought about honor loss, doubling the time it takes to hit things is going to majorly impact one's honor. I don't see this update going over well, this is a war game that has slowly been turning into farmville.

Also, just curious but how did you guys come up with this update? I've been told some staff play the game, but I'm guessing they don't actually fight, probably just honor trade, as this update will literally kill any fighting that still existed and promote farmville players.
  • CatBooklady (US1)CatBooklady (US1) Member Posts: 75
    edited 22.06.2016
    I honestly don't see the point of a long castle destruction battle of 20 mins, unless GG wants to give me time to go make a sandwich, go to the ladies room, and put a load of dirty clothes in the washer.

And what caves? Do they show up on the map? And how do we players "send" our heroes out to find them? I don't see any tabs/buttons to do that.

Are you ppl really wanting players to quit playing? IMO, you're doing a good job in that regard. I spend about 6-8 hours on the game daily already and found the 10 minute castle assault to lengthy. Guess it's time to cut back on my game time and get back to real life.

And BTW the Honor "tax" nightly is way too high  - I work hard on my Honor, only to have what Honor I made that day taken away. Pffffttttttt 
    Post edited by CatBooklady (US1) on
  • Maxom (US1)Maxom (US1) Member Posts: 9
    I cannot fathom how the developers decided on killing battle by lengthening the time it takes to do so.  It absolutely boggles me.  Many people have a limited amount of time to enjoy a battle game... if they can't enjoy this one in the amount of precious time they have they will find another.  They most assuredly will.

While you are putting out stupid updates at least give us some George Jetson jetpacks so we can fly to the target castle in a few seconds to save us some time.  Or maybe them starwars anti-gravity racer car things.  Or maybe star trek teleport pads.  or maybe let one hero transform into the big bad wolf so he can huff and puff and blow the damn castle down instead of waiting 30 plus minutes.

You better change your gem/troop package and offer something different because there is absolutely no reason to get them anymore.  Only having time for a few battles means plenty of troops left and no reason at all to buy more.

Don't take long announcing you are rolling back those battle times.
  • LORD JEFFREYS (US1)LORD JEFFREYS (US1) Member Posts: 17
    long battle times will set this game back tremendously.i got the daily task chest it gave me 30 min vip lvl 3 took a few min to set troops up took 8 min to travel and over 20 min to hit castle by the time battle was over my vip done expired.if these long battles stays u going to be already losing 1 player me ill take my money back to battle pirates.when i made a switch over to this game i saw potential but not with these long battle times
  • Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 416
    edited 22.06.2016
    Longer troop recruiting times longer healing times and now longer battles times I thought the designers wanted a fast paced game.

Lets not forget two to four hour repair times and  twenty four hour plus upgrade times and research times.

Longer shield times after being burned makes sense so that a player can recover but dragging everything else out will only drive away players.

• Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 332
    Street fights still take only 4-5 minutes. You actually get a lot of honor from those, too.
  • varible (US1)varible (US1) Member Posts: 2
    well here it goes.....all down hill from here on. whats next adding more servers and combining world servers together. thats what usually happens to these type of games with multiple servers. I have seen that to many times as this is probably my upteenth war game.  Devs come on. come up with something truly unique. i played farmville and farmtown already, like 7 years ago.  I know these games take time and effort here and there i dont mind it, but a 25 to 30 min attack time, long queing of troops, and healing of troops, with the same rollback % loss for honor. whats the point I know what the point is you want people to buy the troops so they can fight every 30 minutes instead of every 4 to 5 hours trying to rebuild from the loses.  this type of changes kill the game and people walk away. is that such a smart move when you depend on the money players to support you. People are like sheep if there is a GOOD game out there they will flock to it, bring their buddies from other games like such and play on. We all remember who develops the games or the company that puts their name on it.  ruin this game and GOOD Games loses a player, as i wont play another good game again. get greedy and you lose it all. without the people playing what sense is there for you to be in business. Take care of the ones that make your jobs possible and you will see the returns longer and better.

good points of the changes are:
      1. the daily tasks for those who care

bad points of the changes are: 

1.  EVERYTHING

Be prepared to go into overdrive with developing a new game as this one is dead. no point in continuing.

Sign In to comment.