Follow Legends of Honor on Twitter @legendsofhonor and me @CM_Popeye

Longer shield times.

The shield of peace is ineffective. You can't even build enough troops to hit marauders to earn resources to set a fire few fires off BEFORE you are re-hit.

Look at other games of this type, they typically gives shields ranging anywhere from 16 hours for a small hit to a couple of days for being burnt.

This is what is needed here, otherwise, you will have nothing but coiners left. And when that happens, they will get bored and leave, and you will have nothing at all.
If you can read this, you are not illiterate.

https://lohallies.wordpress.com/

Comments

• tellgryn (US1)tellgryn (US1) Member Posts: 12
    edited 01.01.2016

My suggestion is 24  hours from the time the defending castle is burned.

This gives even those off line the needed time to rebuild back to the troop level they had and add some to their base as well.

• Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 416
    edited 06.01.2016
    I really have to agree that the short duration for Shield of Peace really punishes players that are hit when they are offline. I have logged on  a number of  times to find my structures burning and no troops and shield of peace expired hours ago. 
    Post edited by Saimaidar (US1) on
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    This is a complaint I have seen multiple times on here, and one that I somewhat agree with. I will talk to the devs and get their thoughts on this and get back to you guys.

-Popeye
    Okay I am getting hit over and over again after shield of peace expires with no ability to even rebuild a few more hits in one day and it will be days before I can even repair my buildings let alone rebuild troops.

I fear this game is quickly spiraling into a struggle to just keep your castle repaired and forget about having any fun.
    edited 06.01.2016
    Twelve attacks and counting in a twenty four hour period I can not even finish repairs before I have more buildings burning. At this point my resources are all but depleted I think this game is fast becoming completely pointless unless you feel like spending money hand over fist and really enjoy playing repairman.
    Post edited by Saimaidar (US1) on
  • IWantYourBacon (US1)IWantYourBacon (US1) Member Posts: 19
    The shield of peace is ineffective. You can't even build enough troops to hit marauders to earn resources to set a fire few fires off BEFORE you are re-hit.

Look at other games of this type, they typically gives shields ranging anywhere from 16 hours for a small hit to a couple of days for being burnt.

This is what is needed here, otherwise, you will have nothing but coiners left. And when that happens, they will get bored and leave, and you will have nothing at all.
     I agree, if they were to make it so that putting out fires takes only seconds rather than almost a full hour of waiting then that would be a big help since I personally am already at player level 30 I have notices that it takes some fires almost 45 minutes to go out even thou I have plenty of resources I still have 15 other buildings on fire and I can't finish with gems unless I hit up marauders which I won't be able to since I'm still re-building troops, I can't rebuild troops fast enough with in one hour of time to even hit marauders, not to long later I'm re-hit by the same dude getting farmed like crazy, just not enough time to rebuild.
  • SmokeyAnon (US1)SmokeyAnon (US1) Member Posts: 347
    Put a shield not 24 hours.... If anything put a 5 hour shield or something... LOL
    Hello, My name is Smokey. Private Message me if you need anything within the game. PS: I don't work for the company.
  • IWantYourBacon (US1)IWantYourBacon (US1) Member Posts: 19
    I really have to agree that the short duration for Shield of Peace really punishes players that are hit when they are offline. I have logged on  a number of  times to find my structures burning and no troops and shield of peace expired hours ago. 
    I noticed that if I go to work for 8 hours and come back that someone will have farmed me and raided me 8 times in a row. I usually push 2,000,000 defense power and when a stronger player hits me they wipe out everything and start farming me every hour on the hour, I then don't even have coins to rebuild my troops then. As said it's punishment.
    Hey guys, I will be meeting wit the devs next week, and this will be one of my main points. I will let you know what they say in regards to the shield time.

-Popeye
    One really big problem with shield of peace for me is I get wiped out by someone when I am away then I get farmed all day by lower level players that I can not even retaliate against because I would lose tens of thousands of points of honor.
    One really big problem with shield of peace for me is I get wiped out by someone when I am away then I get farmed all day by lower level players that I can not even retaliate against because I would lose tens of thousands of points of honor.
    You need to get your alliance to defend you or get stronger yourself.. Try push alot of defense if you do got to negative. Me and IWANTURBACON push that everyday...
    Hello, My name is Smokey. Private Message me if you need anything within the game. PS: I don't work for the company.
    edited 16.01.2016
    I am currently Level 31 and Honor Rank 13 until tonight at least. As for getting stronger I usually keep my defense in the 1.4 million range once I have been able to rebuild resources permitting. At this point the only way I can get stronger is start pouring real money into this game beyond the twenty dollars I have already spent. 

As for my alliance helping me  there is rarely more than five of them online at a time and I am the highest level player and highest honor ranked member of the alliance I am in.

Also if I am getting hit the rest of them are also all being hit or have already been hit usually by Obsidian Order. 

At this point it takes me days to even try to rebuild due to a lack of resources mainly Iron and Sulfur. 
  • Laurelee (US1)Laurelee (US1) Member Posts: 31
    Nothing like longing in after a long day at work to find out that your castle has been burnt not once, but 3 or 4 times and you have no shield of peace in place, no resources to rebuild with, no army to attack marauders with to gather resources with and get hit again just as you are trying to figure out where to start. The shield of peace needs to be extended. Maybe not to days, but at least to several hours.
    LaureLee
    Leader - Dragon Rebels Alliance
  • Getos (US1)Getos (US1) Member Posts: 95
    I got an idea...how about we make the vault upgradable to a certain percentage of your resources (and coins maybe) and it can only be filled when you are beyond the resources cap.... and give you the option to use the stored resources or not with a button or something i guess that will be rewarding idea for active players who farm their resources and to easily rebuild
    I got an idea...how about we make the vault upgradable to a certain percentage of your resources (and coins maybe) and it can only be filled when you are beyond the resources cap.... and give you the option to use the stored resources or not with a button or something i guess that will be rewarding idea for active players who farm their resources and to easily rebuild
    Even better store units there if someone attacks you. For example donate to vault but recourse like 2k wood and stone and coins in there. If someone attacks you at least you got supplies to repair....
    Hey everyone, There are no plans to increase the shield of peace time in the near future. The feature is working the way it was intended to, and the team here doesn't see a reason to increase the time. We will see how this develops as the game grows.

-Popeye
    edited 10.03.2016
    Working as intended?  My castle is now being burned for the fourth time in eight hours and for the fifth time today. I no longer have  troops, no unburned buildings and no silver to recruit troops or resources to repair. How is that working as intended when I can not even play the game.
    Working as intended?  My castle is now being burned for the fourth time in eight hours and for the fifth time today. I no longer have  troops, no unburned buildings and no silver to recruit troops or resources to repair. How is that working as intended when I can not even play the game.
    Believe they said based on level not sure.
    It is not based only on level. There are a few factors that determine how long your shield will last for. This game is meant to be more fast paced, so burning 4 times in 8 hours is actually not that much.

-Popeye
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 332

CM Popeye said:
    It is not based only on level. There are a few factors that determine how long your shield will last for. This game is meant to be more fast paced, so burning 4 times in 8 hours is actually not that much.

-Popeye
    This does not make sense. If it is to be fast-paced, the shield time should still be appropriate for the repair time. Otherwise, the pace does not improve. People just give up trying.
Sign In to comment.