Discussion Regarding Major Changes

Comments

• I don't like this new honor system hard to find suitable targets - also and this has always happened don't like the way players can vacate their cities during an attack - once a battle has commenced both parties should stay involved. Either that or still give a percentage of honor to the attacker.  It is getting increasingly difficult to fulfill the tournament quests but on the up side I like th gift box idea.
  • knightly1963 (US1)knightly1963 (US1) Member Posts: 11
    now I've been attacked by a lvl 65 and received no honor. WTF???
    attacked by a lvl 52 and a lvl 55 with a combined strength of 5.5 million, no honor received.

attacked by a lvl 65 with 3.4 million and again no honor.
    I'm a lvl 58. can you explain to me why I received no honor on either of these battles??????
  • OPAV (US1)OPAV (US1) Member Posts: 51
    If you think they can't do worse then this they always show they can do it.

Worst "Improvement" ever!
  • OPAV (US1)OPAV (US1) Member Posts: 51
    Targets? None or burning or domed!

Honor zero when defending!

Walking hero's don't even know if I can attack them no way to be sure and you have to decide in a split second!

Just dumping army and hope for a better release!
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    edited 21.07.2016
    They always make these horrendous changes, no one ever likes them. They ignore all feedback and say their "data" which may or may not even exist is always right and that player feedback doesn't matter, its all about the data. They tell you to wait around for the next update that will make everything perfect again. It's just a cycle at this point, players won't stick around forever, the longer this cycle continues the more players will lose any hope they still had in this game and leave.
  • Cerjio (US1)Cerjio (US1) Member Posts: 46
    I have people that I have been talking to that said they are tired of this as well.  When they raised to healing rates up a lot, they played this waiting game too.  Then 2 weeks later, they lowered it just a little.  This isn't just me talking, there are people that I know that are saying the same thing.  They want our money and not sorry for saying this, not giving them a cent to them and will never do that.  Greed will destroy this game.
  • chris1984 (US1)chris1984 (US1) Member Posts: 3
    its absolutely pointless to leave any comments/feedback on any of these updates...they do not care, therefore I have never commented on anything myself simply because it will not do any justice. maybe just maybe if every player worked together and stopped buying gems or buying anything for that matter then they would understand how upset everyone really is cause its so obvious our words do not matter..    I myself will not spend a penny on this game and I'm on the edge of leaving myself, I have left once for personal reasons before the honor was ruined by good games crappy updates among other things.   they have made obvious they just do not care, I will wait maybe a week if nothing changes that actually matters to the players then I am gone.  I worked hard to get my honor up and now it just drops big time every day and I cant do nothing about.. good games please get your heads out of your asses and make changes that the people actually want or just delete the game.

attacked by a lvl 52 and a lvl 55 with a combined strength of 5.5 million, no honor received.

I'm a lvl 58. can you explain to me why I received no honor on either of these battles??????

Now explain why this morning  he was attacked by a lvl 65 with 3.4 mil and won and received no honor. this afternoon he was attacked by the same lvl 65 with 3.1 mil and won and received 132,000 in honor. what is going on ?????

Now explain why this morning  he was attacked by a lvl 65 with 3.4 mil and won and received no honor. this afternoon he was attacked by the same lvl 65 with 3.1 mil and won and received 132,000 in honor. what is going on ?????

are you ever goin to answer this question or just hide away and come up with some new lie.
  • Daena (US1)Daena (US1) Member Posts: 15
    edited 21.07.2016
    I was encouraged by the revised honor system announcement but am very disappointed in how it actually works. I attack the marked targets and the message tells me I will gain "significant" honor, which at level 33 I need, and after a 23 minute battle which I win, I get 1000 honor.
  • ahm3 (US1)ahm3 (US1) Member Posts: 21
    the simple thing is calculating distance
    it work in high but when we go to ice and open ranking table , all distance are wrong !!
    when a program can not calculate simple distance how it could calculate a complex honor in a battle?! could you give us your formula for calculating honor in each battle please? 
    please go back and before any new change in your full of bugs program, first solve previous bugs...
    in new update I hit some troops free player for food and resources and they did not burn!! and I can hit them 2-3 times !! this is only one example of more than hundred different bugs .!!  in each update instead of solving previous bugs you add some more new bugs to it, and also you change base lows of game which a player plan to play in more than one month... you said that you are using data !! when you change the basic and initial lows of game and it cause to stop fighting and playing of most player, which data do you use?! data of stop game ?!!
    you see that there is issue from all level player with high and low level of honor,... maybe you need to change your system annalist or your programmer or maybe you need shout down completely your server....
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    @knightly1963 (US1)I would have to see the full battle report in order to determine what actually happened in that fight.

I know many of yo are not happy with the the new honor calculations, and I will be taking this feedback to the team so they can determine if any adjustments need to be made.

-Popeye
  • BLACK WIDOW7 (US1)BLACK WIDOW7 (US1) Member Posts: 46
    PUT THE HONOR  BACK THE WAY IT  WAS   FIX WHAT NEEDS TO REALLY BE FIXED IN THE GAME......QUIT WITH THE  UPDATES THAT DON"T  MAKE SENSE OR WORK ......
  • flyingpig (US1)flyingpig (US1) Member Posts: 50
    CM Popeye said:
    @knightly1963 (US1)I would have to see the full battle report in order to determine what actually happened in that fight.

I know many of yo are not happy with the the new honor calculations, and I will be taking this feedback to the team so they can determine if any adjustments need to be made.

-Popeye

One of the issues with the accepting changes to the Honor calculations is that we can't figure them out.  There is no transparency in how to determine what honor you might get.  We have to figure it out by trial and error.  Then GG changes them.  Maybe you could add some lines to the top of the battle report indicating where honor came from.  For example:

Base battle:  50k
    -- honor differential  xx
    -- attack power differential  xx
    -- other battle factor  xx
    Honor beacon:  xx
    Alliance bonus:  xx
    Research bonus:  xx

Additionally,  when implementing an update that changes the nature of the most important part of the game, pay more attention to the details.  That is if honor level is the drive, make honor level easy to see, get rid of player level, it has no meaning to other players.  Make sure the honor symbol is easily visable in all battle situations. 

I am seriously disappointed by the lack of attention to detail by GG in their development and the simple errors made during updates. 
  • Morgon (US1)Morgon (US1) Member Posts: 2
    Recently I've been attacked by a player under the shield of peace. It's a glitch that needs to be worked on, and I expect it will be addressed soon. What I was really surprised about was the fact I received zero honor for defending against a much larger player with twice the honor I have.

On the next attack from this player I decided if I was not going to get honor for defending I would pull all my troops and let it burn. I haven't burned in a long time and wanted to see what effects it would have with just the towers burning. My happiness dropped from 150% to 148%... I was very pleased with that. Only the towers burned. Each tower was a 5 minute repair, making it an instant repair. It only cost 900 wood, and 900 stone for each. So I really have no sympathy for those crying about burning castles. The fires were all out in less than 2 minutes, and no gems were used.

Same player attacked this morning and I defended the castle this time and received 127k honor. Is there an explanation for this?
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    @Morgon (US1)

yeah, he just hits and then shields right after he starts it
    THE NEW HONOR  SO CALLED  UPDATES/ ADJUSTMENTS ARE FOR  THE BIRDS  LOL PUT  IT BACK  GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    Hey guys, I will be bringing this attack / shield tactic to the team to see what can be done to discourage this rather cheap tactic.

Popeye
    THE NEW HONOR  SO CALLED  UPDATES/ ADJUSTMENTS ARE FOR  THE BIRDS  LOL PUT  IT BACK  GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Kinda  sad when you  can  get  more honor by  hitting a level  40 marauder  than  another player  now   seriously 
Sign In to comment.