Welcome to the International Legends of Honor forum, brave Warriors!

reaction to "Test Involving Recruiting and Helaing Times on the UK Server"

Dear devs,

I am playing these kinds of online games over 8 years now, and ive finally found a game at a good speed pace and now I read this?
What your saying is that you will be making this game less unique and it will attract less people because lots of other games are like this, so by increasing the waiting times you regularize this game and make it dusty, people wont pay to wait that long, ive seen that enough times now and with over 8 years of experience in these games ive seen that such rebalances cause many players to leave, after that comes the next stage, the rebalancing the rest of the entire game to cooperate with these changes, this will cause more errors, imbalances and an even further decline of players.

The pace the game now is in, is the right one, to my oppinion its actually perfectly balanced, with current waiting times you encourage the player/customer to stay online and logged in and continue with other game elements while they wait for something else to finish, now this has been perfectly balanced causing the players to have something to be busy with at all times, and thats when players start buying gems, not by waiting longer, if you ask people to wait longer, they will log out of the game and do something else to wait when its finished and after a while this game looses its charm on them and they will be gone forgood.

If you want to make longer waiting times, maybe make slower servers paralel to the current servers, let people pick their own pace, or even make it round based that it resets the world after a couple of months and winners of a server tournament get reward coupon codes for prizes they can claim after the world's reset.

So, I will tell it straight, if you make things slow, you screw up this game, and I know it from what ive seen past years many great games like lord of ultimate made its downfall on changes that caused the playerbase to decline.

Iself will say, I will stop spending in this game if things go slow, ill find another faster alternative because that's why I came here at the first place, its up to you people, youve already witnessed the storm of complaints about your tests, so why not release a testserver where you can test patches to the test public before releasing it to the final public? its up to you, and I wont cry when you mess this game up next summer and you people will be placed into another game department or put onto the streets because this game was not succesful,

I speak for all players who agree with me

Comments

• SuNburSt (FR1)SuNburSt (FR1) Member Posts: 127
    edited 13.06.2016
    This test is going on since the 2nd june on the french server. Everyone (forum, support & in-game feedbacks) stood against this "test", but no one from GGS told us anything regarding this "test" and all our complains, GGS do not seems to care about middle or small sized servers.

The consequences are that the server is now barely alive (as predicted...) most of the players have stop the game or are playing on other servers and players who are still standing on the french server spend less time playing they did before because the game have lost his "identity" due to those changes and also the fact that all the game parameters are not adjusted to those changes. 

Plus i'm not sure that those changes will makes players spending more money on the game... 
    Please be smart, there are so much others possiblity for you to make more money on this game for you GGS guys ^^

• LegendOfHonor (NL1)LegendOfHonor (NL1) Member Posts: 34
    exactly, loss of identity, there were probably 2 options, adding endgame or new content or mess the game up, they choose the cheapest option, but at the end they pay the highest price
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    Hey guys, I would just like to clear up some stuff in regards to this test. We are running this to determine if we need to make some changes to the overall pace of the game, and in the end get the most out of our game. We of course realize that the speed of our game is what sets us apart, but it is also a pain point for many players. We will not be making any major changes without looking at the ways they will affect the overall way the game is played. In the end, it is worth it for the servers that have to go through this short testing period in order to make sure the game is the best it can possibly be.

-Popeye
  • Jillian (NL1)Jillian (NL1) Member Posts: 224
    People have to realise, that longer recruit times / etc will bring more incentive for people to level (the extra recruitment speed will actually have a noticeable difference then (i know, its a percentage, but it "feels" more if you actually notice the difference :P))
  • LegendOfHonor (NL1)LegendOfHonor (NL1) Member Posts: 34
    edited 13.06.2016
    yeah you will also notice the drop in sales of extra recruitment/healing spots..

edit: not to mention how pissed the people are who spent lots of gems on these bonus slots
  • llikrub (GB1)llikrub (GB1) Member Posts: 2
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, I would just like to clear up some stuff in regards to this test. We are running this to determine if we need to make some changes to the overall pace of the game, and in the end get the most out of our game. We of course realize that the speed of our game is what sets us apart, but it is also a pain point for many players. We will not be making any major changes without looking at the ways they will affect the overall way the game is played. In the end, it is worth it for the servers that have to go through this short testing period in order to make sure the game is the best it can possibly be.

-Popeye
    What a jobs worth reply you have given. Just stupid. Change your  appointment title to Management Creep.What do we get for being the test domain?. Just poor game play. Test it yourselves on yourselves, or reward those who are doing it for you.Very poor attitude by  Good games, Humans are creatures of habit not sheep.
Sign In to comment.