Home Announcement Questions & Feedback

Discussion: Update 11.08.2016

Comments

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    Hey guys, I just wanted to check in, and inform you about a few things.

No loot for supporting dragon attacks - This is not intended, and we have the team working to get it fixed.
    No Hero Xp for dragon battles - This is intended, but something I will ask to be changed. I am pretty sure after you defeat a gigantic fire breathing dragon, you are a better fighter.
    Bug with building bonuses not counting during upgrades - I will once again poke the bug team and try to get this one pushed up in priority.

We will most likely be releasing a bugfix later on today to fix some issues with the ending of the Hunter event, and a few other bugs. I will let you know when I know for sure.

-Popeye
  • flyingpig (US1)flyingpig (US1) Member Posts: 50
    Where did all the Villains go.

There are a lot less villains in all relms and they don't seem to be regenerating properly.  I need to walk 3 minutes in DM to find anything and all I can find are some half eaten bits.
  • OPAV (US1)OPAV (US1) Member Posts: 51
    I know but no fun with those bugs!

• FrostQueen (US1)FrostQueen (US1) Member Posts: 58
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, I just wanted to check in, and inform you about a few things.

No loot for supporting dragon attacks - This is not intended, and we have the team working to get it fixed.
    No Hero Xp for dragon battles - This is intended, but something I will ask to be changed. I am pretty sure after you defeat a gigantic fire breathing dragon, you are a better fighter.
    Bug with building bonuses not counting during upgrades - I will once again poke the bug team and try to get this one pushed up in priority.

We will most likely be releasing a bugfix later on today to fix some issues with the ending of the Hunter event, and a few other bugs. I will let you know when I know for sure.

-Popeye
    Eh - Yea, WHAT ABOUT THE BIG ELEPHANT IN THE CORNER???? That you seemingly are ignoring?
    most probably  purpously - the HOSPITALS!!!
    Seems YOU said they had reproduced the issue so by now within a week, surely they should have been able to FIX it INSTEAD of make MORE chaos.

POPEYE - I would also think - as it seems that you as a board moderator that you'd be on here more often than once a day to get to these peoples questions to be honest. I realize that you're probably a volunteer but I'm sure that you get some sort of renumeration from Good Games for doing this. At LEAST a couple times a day would be more fitting than seemingly what it appears that you come on once a day to sort out the forum. OR - Maybe Good Games needs more than one moderator to answer more of these folks questions. Shrugs~
    @FrostQueen (US1)I am an employee of GGS, and I feel I am here for yo uguys whenever you ask questions. I have answered the questions about the Hospital glitch on at least 3 different threads today, and the situation has not changed since then. I do not want to clog up every post with text that simply says the issue is being worked on.
    When issues like this stay around for a while, it is my job to try to make sure the team knows the importance to the community of getting it fixed. Past that, I have no say in how fast they do their job, or what bugs they will work on first.

-Popeye
  • onlas (PL1)onlas (PL1) Member Posts: 50
    after the update in poland many people do not  have access to the game. and support asleep
  • Lady Adriel (US1)Lady Adriel (US1) Member Posts: 7
    Hello,
            I do love the new dragons but unfortunately I agree that too many loss of troops means we will not get much help defeating them if the rewards are not there!
           Is there a reason for the different colors and defenses of the individual dragons if they are all the same level?
    CM Popeye said:
    @FrostQueen (US1)I am an employee of GGS, and I feel I am here for yo uguys whenever you ask questions. I have answered the questions about the Hospital glitch on at least 3 different threads today, and the situation has not changed since then. I do not want to clog up every post with text that simply says the issue is being worked on.
    When issues like this stay around for a while, it is my job to try to make sure the team knows the importance to the community of getting it fixed. Past that, I have no say in how fast they do their job, or what bugs they will work on first.

-Popeye
    From what I've seen of your answers you have NOT answered the questions on the threads. You've merely stated that they're still looking at it. Earlier you said that they had replicated the issue. NOW which is it? You  cant have it both ways.
    For an employee of Good Games  and NOT a volunteer like I assumed that you were you sure don't know much. Which is a very sad statement towards a company that seems to brag of being Award Winning at something.
    To be quite honest - I'm about on my last days of the game with these current situations. As are many folks that I've spoken to lately. Shrugs~
    If this is how you people chose to deal with cash paying customers I guess we will take our money elsewhere.

FrostQueen~
  • MorganaLeFey (US1)MorganaLeFey (US1) Member Posts: 36
    This lip service "we are looking into it" is getting OLD. Not only are the the hospitals Still a mess and we are losing hundreds of troops because of it.  Now the Hero page is a mess too!! COME ON Please stop adding crap!! How about fixing the issues at hand BEFORE you add more stuff to mess up!??? Case in point the stupid Dragons! And NOW OUR HONOR IS CHANGING RANDOMLY??? WTF is THAT?? Seriously looking for a new game - I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER CENT ON THIS GAME UNTIL ISSUES ARE FIXED. Puppet Popeye talk to your "team"!! I'm sure if you've looked at the numbers since July you will find you have lost a hell of a lot of players and income - and you deserve to lose with the way you have handled both the game and peoples tickets.
  • what is going on with the game it want let me get on the site all I get is a black page
  • flyingpig (US1)flyingpig (US1) Member Posts: 50
    Where did all the villains go?  I understand that fewer villains may help with hero's getting stuck and maybe dead spaces on the map but it is very hard to find and get enough villains, especially in ICE and DM.   Yes there are more bigger ones and thank you for making even higher level ones but is significantly smaller quantity and slow spawn time intended?  to me it is a little out of balance.
  • Laurelee (US1)Laurelee (US1) Member Posts: 31
    @CM Popeye After yesterday's hot fix, the following bugs still remain:

Tents - Chivalry tournament, traveling blacksmith, and resource merchant tents only found in High Kingdom. This means you have to switch realms back to High Kingdom in order to access them.

Hero Experience Awards - The hero experience award screen flickers around when it is active and will not let you select the hero to assign the experience award to. Therefore the experience can only be assigned to whichever hero the game has chosen as the default recipient.

Action Screen - The action screen is not working properly. Sometimes you have to refresh multiple times in order to see the activity, including your own.

Map Screen - Attacks are not always visible on the map. As with the action screen, sometimes you have to refresh multiple times in order to see attacks on the screen, including your own. It's pretty bad when you have to rely on alliance members to tell you where you are being attacked when your screen suddenly turns red.

Dragons - When the dragons went away at the end of the dragon event, many players ended up with heroes stuck in a permanent state of battle since the dragons they were fighting at the time the event ended disappeared before the end of their battle. This bug needs to be addressed before the next dragon event.

All of these bugs began after the current update. As a programmer, I know that this information should make it easier for the programmers to locate the bugs easier as they can focus on the new code.

Thank you for passing this information on to the bug team and urging them to address the issues in an expedient manner.

LaureLee
    Leader - Dragon Rebels Alliance
    @CM Popeye

I forgot to include a new bug in my previous post. In a previous post I mentioned an error that came up upon opening the tent for the Chivalry Tournament. This only occurs when you have not yet earned any tournament awards for the personal tournament. So if I check the tent to see what the challenge of the day is for the personal tournament, I will get the error.

I hope this helps to pinpoint the error in the code and get it fixed.
    LaureLee
    @CM Popeye After yesterday's hot fix, the following bugs still remain:

Tents - Chivalry tournament, traveling blacksmith, and resource merchant tents only found in High Kingdom. This means you have to switch realms back to High Kingdom in order to access them.

Hero Experience Awards - The hero experience award screen flickers around when it is active and will not let you select the hero to assign the experience award to. Therefore the experience can only be assigned to whichever hero the game has chosen as the default recipient.

Action Screen - The action screen is not working properly. Sometimes you have to refresh multiple times in order to see the activity, including your own.

Map Screen - Attacks are not always visible on the map. As with the action screen, sometimes you have to refresh multiple times in order to see attacks on the screen, including your own. It's pretty bad when you have to rely on alliance members to tell you where you are being attacked when your screen suddenly turns red.

Dragons - When the dragons went away at the end of the dragon event, many players ended up with heroes stuck in a permanent state of battle since the dragons they were fighting at the time the event ended disappeared before the end of their battle. This bug needs to be addressed before the next dragon event.

All of these bugs began after the current update. As a programmer, I know that this information should make it easier for the programmers to locate the bugs easier as they can focus on the new code.

Thank you for passing this information on to the bug team and urging them to address the issues in an expedient manner.

Thanks for the breakdown! I will now answer to all of these below.

Tents - They should appear in all realms when events are live. This is being worked on, but does not have the highest priority atm because it is more of a convenience issue.

Hero XP Rewards - This is one I will push as it has adverse effects on gameplay

Action Screen - The team is looking into it, but are having a tough time pinning the reasons down. I will continue to ask for updates.

Map Screen - This is a performance issue, but the team is aware that it happens to some users. Work in progress

Dragons - This issue was fixed with the hotfix yesterday

Did not know about the error when opening the tent. I will report it asap.

@flyingpig (US1) The issue with fewer NPC's is due to some changes being made in the spawning behavior with the introduction of the dragons. This new system needs some tweaking to be sure, and the team is on it.

@FrostQueen (US1) I am sorry you are not satisfied with my answers, but I simply can't give information I don't have. Replicating an issue does not mean it is fixed. It simply means the bug team found the conditions that cause an error. The fix still needs to be programmed, so they are in fact still looking into it.

-Popeye
    @CM Popeye thank you for the response.

The map screen issue seems to be happening to most, not some of the players and only started after the last update. Multiple refreshes helps, but it is definitely a detriment to game play when, at times, you cannot even see your own heroes as they support another castle, much less the attacking heroes.
    LaureLee
  • kapn_jack (US1)kapn_jack (US1) Member Posts: 62
    CM Popeye said:

-Popeye
    ..no say in what bugs they will work on 1st? ..what was the last MAJOR bug that they actually fixed?
    CM Popeye said:

-Popeye
    ..no say in what bugs they will work on 1st? ..what was the last MAJOR bug that they actually fixed?
    lol Yea I know. Bugs happen but normally game devs USUALLY fix bugs before putting ANY new content into a game. ANY. This is the first game I've seen that continually puts new crap into a game and feels that it's alright to keep bugging the game and feels that people will just find it alright to have new eye candy instead of having their issues sorted out.  I am imagining once so many people stop playing that it's to late to come back from the decline  - the game will go the wayside as others have and it will be just another Oh Well.
    As for Popeye - HE said they recreated the problem - then he said they did not. IT seems that HE cant make up his mind. He's a VERY poor representitive for good games as I see it if he's their liasion between the devs and the players. There are SO SO many unhappy players it isnt funny. You cant have THIS many unhappy players and have a good game environment.
     Very sad situation.
    Now with this NEW hot fix??? Yeah more bad feelings I feel are on the way from what I can see.
  • MorganaLeFey (US1)MorganaLeFey (US1) Member Posts: 36
    edited 17.08.2016
    So WOW.... you finally mess up in OUR favor but BIG SURPRISE you fix that IMMEDIATELY!! Not ONLY did you take the coin away you TOOK MORE!! I want it back!! Amazing how fast you fix something that HELPS players but take Weeks to fix the things that are Costing players - By far the most F'd up Dev's I've ever dealt with!! Stupid me - here I thought you'd at least given us a break because of all the F ups
  • Gorlock (US1)Gorlock (US1) Member Posts: 52
    The changes to the Barracks where you have to update to get higher tier troops instead of using honor is a total disappointment for the lower levels, level 12 can only get level one troops that is BS sorry. You make it so new players will not stick around and can not compete in the Chivalry Tournaments. You all need to think how to make this game completive and not one sided. Not sure how a low level is suppose to defend himself, Come On Man, not sure I will stick around as it is so uneven. The Chivalry tournament yesterday on healing and recruiting how in the world does someone in the low levels to over 400 K chivalry points so unfair!!
  • Gorlock (US1)Gorlock (US1) Member Posts: 52
    edited 08.09.2016
    hello

Post edited by Gorlock (US1) on
Sign In to comment.