Home Tips, Tactics & Guides

Why won't my castle move?

I have been trying now for 3 days to move my castle south on the map. I read in another thread that we should be able to move the castle a total of 120 tiles per day, but that is not what I have experienced so far. When it does allow me to move the castle, I'm lucky if it's 4 tiles, and then it makes me wait up to 20 hours before I can do it again. Now I can't even move it those 4 tiles. In the screen shot below, you'll see the number of tiles I have tried to move it to, and every time I click Yes, it gives me the screen listing the reasons why I can't move it there.

Best Answer

Answers

• CatBooklady (US1)CatBooklady (US1) Member Posts: 75
    Same thing happening to me in Marshes. Other realms I can move castle w/o problems
  • LadyShanra (US1)LadyShanra (US1) Member Posts: 19
    In Dark marshes there is an absolute limit to the available area make sure you are within the boundaries  of nearby castles along the edge of the usable map.
    Where were you able to find that information? I haven't been able to locate anything official about moving the castle. And I've looked at the area surrounding my castle, and there are no other castles within 20 tiles of mine.
  • Saimaidar (US1)Saimaidar (US1) Member Posts: 421
    I learned that by trial and error and comments made in several different forum posts.

CM_Popeye said that the maps would expand as more players opened up access to the applicable kingdom.
    Unfortunately, that does not answer my question. I am trying to move my castle closer to my alliance members, and this is beginning to get very frustrating.
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    This could be related to 2 different issues. The first is caused by bad game data that will cause the game to think there is something in the tile (Other player, Marauder etc) although it is empty. This can usually be fixed by clearing your cache, and relogging. The second issue is the actual map borders. It is currently broken up into squares that you are not able to see. These invisible borders are in place to make sure that people are not too far spread out, especially now that we are filling the server up with new players. These borders will be increased soon, so this issue should go away in the near future.

-Popeye
    CM Popeye said:
    This could be related to 2 different issues. The first is caused by bad game data that will cause the game to think there is something in the tile (Other player, Marauder etc) although it is empty. This can usually be fixed by clearing your cache, and relogging. The second issue is the actual map borders. It is currently broken up into squares that you are not able to see. These invisible borders are in place to make sure that people are not too far spread out, especially now that we are filling the server up with new players. These borders will be increased soon, so this issue should go away in the near future.

-Popeye
    Well, clearing my cache did nothing to fix the issue, and if I can't move my castle closer to my alliance members, then what use am I to them? It doesn't do me any good to move my castle in a direction that will take me further away from them.
    Don't bother answering my question. I'm done with the game. I am tired of being attacked repeatedly by the same person and not being able to do anything about it.
  • Rand8 (US1)Rand8 (US1) Member Posts: 11
    I have been trying to move my castles in both High Kingdom and Ice Mountain with no success. I have tried every single tile in a 20 by 20 block, and cannot move to any space. These spaces are not further than 20 spaces from where I am now, and they are not at the edge of the world. This is at least the fifth time this has happened to me or other members of our group in the past few weeks. Several of us have been attacked repeatedly by the same players over and over, and we cannot move away. We have lost tens of thousands of troops and hundreds of thousands units of resources because the game is screwed up. Any time this happens to a player, the game has an obligation to replace what is lost - and fix this game so that anyone who wants to move their castle can do so. If certain grids in the middle of the playing area are off limits, then put a visible fence around them so we know. And why should they be off limits in the first place? Programmers, you need to fix this now.
    Legends of Honor? Where is the honor in attacking an empty castle that has no troops defending it? Players who do that should actually lose honor. And where is the honor in repeatedly attacking the same player 3 or 4 or 5 times in the space of a few hours, without allowing the defender to build troops back up. Players who do this should actually lose honor also. Let's award honor for honorable deeds, and remove honor for dishonorable deeds.
    This game needs to put a stop to players flying around in their castles several times a day to attack whomever they want. There were no flying castles in the time period that this game supposedly takes place. Armies marched or rode their animals. There was no flying. Flying needs to go away. If people want to fly around, they should find a game with flying machines. This is supposed to be the Middle Ages. What can be done? Do not allow players to attack for 24 hours after they move. Only allow players to move once in a 24 hour period, with the exception that any player under the shield of peace can move at any time. And the shield of peace should last at least 2-3 hours. You cannot rebuild an army in an hour and 15 minutes.
Sign In to comment.