Home US Announcement Questions & Feedback

Discussion: Update 13.06.2016 - Diplomacy is Dead

Comments

• BornToGo (US1)BornToGo (US1) Member Posts: 24
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, I know you have concerns about this new feature, but I feel like it was something that needed to be introduced. You do raise some valid points in regards to some alliances being seemingly too big to fight, but I feel like this is where some strategy comes into place. Deals have to be struck among smaller alliances in order to take the big boys down, and hopefully this will promote a more level playing field.

-Popeye
    But are you implementing anything to help alliances work together?  Can they chat in game?  Can they support attacks of non-alliance members is there a way to work together other then sending messages back an forth swarming the area?   Also anything the smaller alliances can do so can the larger ones so how does this make for a level playing field?  

My guess is the thing that would make it most level would be to have honor awarded in wars be tied to a number of factors other then just level.  The honor awarded should have factored in # of members active in the last x number of days, average level of those players, average rank of those players and perhaps average development of those players (ie lvl of buildings, university research completed, level of troops etc) and who declares the war.  This would at least encourage alliances to hit more similar targets rather then feeding off of easy targets.   

-BornToGo 
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    edited 15.06.2016
    Also, make it so that when a high level reinforces a low level the high level reinforcer actually gains honor. The way it is just promotes low level alts because it gives them more advantages in a "war". They don't need anymore advantages, they shouldn't have any advantages over higher levels.

*cough* if you could hit heroes regardless of the players level without honor loss it may at least partially solve some low level issues *cough*
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308
    There will be more features coming in the near future that will help all Alliances work together. We are also looking at ways to allow some form of "revenge" attacks against lower level players that think they can hit higher level players with no consequences.

-Popeye
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Community Manager Posts: 1,308

"Hey guys, In the spirit of being as transparent as possible, I have an announcement to make in regards to the new feature introduced today that allows Alliances to declare war. We will be rolling out a bugfix tomorrow that will remove take away the Honor rewards at the end of wars for the time being. This is being done in order to address some concerns that many of you had about people exploiting the system by using small lower level Alliances to win wars against higher level ones that would have no option to attack back. This would have created an unfair advantage, and needs to be reworked before we bring back the Honor rewards. I will keep you guys posted as we move forward.

-Popeye"

We need more details Popeye.
    Will all the alliance honor rewards and losses be nullified?
    What will happen to wars already started? will the be reset or need to be reinitiated?
    The honor loss will no longer be part of the war feature for now. It will be put back in once we find a solution for the low / high level attacking issue.
    Wars that are in progress will still run the complete 5 days, but there will be no honor lost or gained at the end.

-Popeye
  • samj (US1)samj (US1) Member Posts: 4
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, I know you have concerns about this new feature, but I feel like it was something that needed to be introduced. You do raise some valid points in regards to some alliances being seemingly too big to fight, but I feel like this is where some strategy comes into place. Deals have to be struck among smaller alliances in order to take the big boys down, and hopefully this will promote a more level playing field.

-Popeye
    But are you implementing anything to help alliances work together?  Can they chat in game?  Can they support attacks of non-alliance members is there a way to work together other then sending messages back an forth swarming the area?   Also anything the smaller alliances can do so can the larger ones so how does this make for a level playing field?  

My guess is the thing that would make it most level would be to have honor awarded in wars be tied to a number of factors other then just level.  The honor awarded should have factored in # of members active in the last x number of days, average level of those players, average rank of those players and perhaps average development of those players (ie lvl of buildings, university research completed, level of troops etc) and who declares the war.  This would at least encourage alliances to hit more similar targets rather then feeding off of easy targets.   

-BornToGo 

• MeanDean (US1)MeanDean (US1) Member Posts: 30
    Another stupid idea , easily exploited , and for pay to win players . Maybe you just want pay to win players ? How many do you think will actually stay around after you drive away all the free to play people ? Game would get pretty droll with so few around , don't you think ?

You need to come up with better ideas then this . But this was pretty much expected from a company that really doesn't care about what free to play people have been saying from day one . You really don't even understand your own game ; and never test things out first . Sigh .... going back to sleep , game is boring me now .
  • SirMichaelR (US1)SirMichaelR (US1) Member Posts: 16
    Lol...Morgana...I didn't hit 6 times...I hit 14 times.  Did I gem...yes...why not...part of the game.  Can I afford to do that often...no...I can't.  Did we call in Torches...no...we are not stupid.  They devastate all everywhere they go.  Although ya'll certainly are fast in porting out when they show up.  I did not leave the field because I had members still no the field.  That is called honor.  I ended up, sadly, having to leave 2 in that field because they didn't log on for several days and I had to find better lands for my people.  They still haven't logged on.  At some point you do have to move on but I don't leave my people in the lurch.  Oh...and I didn't have support because no one was on.  I have some good people, but I have a lot of part-timers.  I'm just an old softie and won't can them for not being totally active.  Not in the game to dominate...Steel Dragons can have that.  I'm in the game to play and have fun.
  • I agree with SirMichaelR your alliance ported in fleeing from torches attacking you to attack our alliances and we put up a good fight for 4 days until torches followed you to finish what they started when your alliance fled and we do blame you for their arrival as it was the second time that they did it apparently they like following you around that is not our fault  :p
    Post script to the above post.  War mongers are very, very good with defense.  No one can take that away from them.  Their loyalty to one another is commendable.  I envy them that.  They have good strategy attacking as well.  As I said...I'm in the game to play and have fun.  It doesn't mean I can't see commendable attributes in my enemies.  And, Morgana, never hard feelings...it is...after all...a game.  My comment was not aimed specifically at you all but at the developers who seem to have no sense of what we feel as players in this game.  I overdid it simply to make sure they got the point...but...you know...not really sure they will.  Lol.
  • Getos (US1)Getos (US1) Member Posts: 95
    Did i hear Steel Dragons ... because u guys turned this into chat instead of giving Cm popeye feedback :P. I think the war thingy need to be tuned a bit more. with more perks and prizes and give the attackers a bit more advantage. what is a war if i sit as a duck at my hive waiting for enemy to defend them
    Feedback to CMPopeye re Getos comment:  Will take 100k I have left after having been hit while asleep by KingSlayer in 2 kingdoms and port to Getos for hit.  Lol.  Right.  War addition no addition at all for most of us.  We aren't sitting there waiting, Getos...we're recruiting/healing so we can simply hit some marauders to bring in enough coin (got down to 2 coins last week at one point) to continue to heal/recruit.  War?  Not even on the radar.  However, having said that, massive honor needs to be given to supporting those in your own alliance.  Supporting your alliance members is actual, real honor as opposed to whatever game calls honor and should be treated accordingly instead of almost being negligible.  Often wonder why have alliance when supporting them is meaningless.  Also...add defense honor to honor day.  Looks like only attackers get honor on honor day.  That is decidedly dishonorable.  Any honor, attack or defense, should count on honor day and war totals.
  • MorganaLeFey (US1)MorganaLeFey (US1) Member Posts: 36
    Post script to the above post.  War mongers are very, very good with defense.  No one can take that away from them.  Their loyalty to one another is commendable.  I envy them that.  They have good strategy attacking as well.  As I said...I'm in the game to play and have fun.  It doesn't mean I can't see commendable attributes in my enemies.  And, Morgana, never hard feelings...it is...after all...a game.  My comment was not aimed specifically at you all but at the developers who seem to have no sense of what we feel as players in this game.  I overdid it simply to make sure they got the point...but...you know...not really sure they will.  Lol.

• lmfboom (US1)lmfboom (US1) Member Posts: 14
    if you have a problem with someone in the game why dont you inbox them instead of crying about it on the forum lmao
  • MorganaLeFey (US1)MorganaLeFey (US1) Member Posts: 36
    Make up your mind Michael - we're either bullies or we're good at the game. Why would you hit one player 14 times? and then whine when you got hit back?? Personally I calculated how much money you spent - IF you spent any at all. All I can say to that is,  you have more money than brains!! As for porting out if you hadn't noticed our strongest stayed to protect those who weren't online - "that's called honor" We are however not dumb!! We take care of our own and we don't attack weak players. As for Mistress Fighter.. Torches burn everyone and anyone - one of your 4 alliances called them in when you couldn't win against us.

PS to the dev's yes there are problems with the game no doubt. If you are high level player you basically can't hit anyone who isn't in a Huge alliance.

Last post on this.  Never whined.  Just used an example and stated that I overdid it to make point to devs.  Make of it what you will.  Still no hard feelings here.  Again...it is a game.

As for gems.  Thank god people do buy them or we wouldn't be here in this game.  It fuels the whole thing.

I absolutely agree with your last statement, Morgana.  It's even harder when you are the lone high level in your alliance.

And I will state here that you all DID NOT hit my low level players and I appreciated that.  Basically, Kreygor was an experiment that proved to be pointless since he ended up with more troops after those hits than when I started.

Lmfboom...no problem with any people...again...making a point to devs.  Pretty sure they missed it, though.  Lol.

• spookfish (US1)spookfish (US1) Member Posts: 22
    I am glad the award has been suspended, But you should know there was an alliance that had a player under attack leave the alliance 1 minute before his loss so it would not effect their points
  • Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    Just curious how you mention that the world map is undergoing changes in the past few updates, I've noticed near every time I go to drag the map it keeps clicking on a tile, just curios if this is from the new update.
    Either way not a problem, but still annoying lol.
  • Oh Morgana I really gave you more credit than that. As for calling in torches I can assure you that no one in that group of 4 would ever call them in. That would be stupid and I really am not stupid. As for you winning and us losing well so it was going that way but you have to admit we gave it a good try. If as many of our players had more than 1 account like several of yours do maybe we would have done better. But not one of my players has multiple accounts and because of your attacks and torches attacks over Memorial Day weekend many of my players quit. But that is my problem and not yours. We had barely began to rebuild after your and torches first visit when you hit us again. If torches are following you around don't blame us they know you really won't stay and fight but that you leave behind weaker targets that they can farm for days. But as this is supposed to be about the war upgrade I feel that it just gives more power to those that prey on smaller alliances and honor should be based on the size of the 2 involved. If your alliance is under 25 members then only alliances within that same capacity should be allowed to declare war on you. Also not having a limit to the number of alliances that can declare war on you is not even close to leveling the playing field,
  • spookfish (US1)spookfish (US1) Member Posts: 22
    One of my alliance had someone leave their alliance 1 minute before he was about to lose so it would not effect their standing in the war. also the nightly and war honor tax needs a rethink it takes so many attacks to make up the loss especially when you get higher it's no wonder people leave the game with near constant attacks. please consider a 2-3 % nightly tax for all or leave it a flat tax no matter the level. now that you have introduced level 4 troops we should be able to recruit level 3 earlier. just some things I have noticed  
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 335

@CM Popeye

Two of the new changes I really like: 

1. the longer shield of peace. It seems to have forced changes in the strategy of low-level alliances that start one day by burning a sleeping camp and then spend the next 4 days farming that same camp. They cannot get enough resources from farming the castles to maintain their troops, and their victims have time to rebuild their defenses or at least plan an organized escape.

2. The fix for rewards so that you don't get them unless you participate in the alliance tournament is great! This means I am not forced to log in every single morning and find some way to feed the rewards troops that my hard-working clan-mates have gifted me with, lol! Now someone can go on vacation or just take a day to attend to real life business and not all their troops.

Sign In to comment.